Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Booster pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RyeCleanLiam

Hi all. After some advice on booster pump fitting. I've currently got a booster pump fitted which I fitted myself. After watching numerous YouTube videos I fitted it after the pre filters but before the membrane, this makes sense as you are boosting pressure through the membranes to give them optimum output.
I recently recommended to a friend they buy a system with a booster pump fitted, which they duly did from PF. When it came thr booster pump was fitted after the ro entirely but before the Resin. I told him this wasn't right for optimum output. He called PF and they said this was the correct way to do it. Could anyone help me out in confining it is better to fit it before the membranes?

That seems mad! I was under the impression that a RO membrane is effectively a very very fine filter and needs pressure to force the water through it. Putting a booster pump after the RO seems mad as it will be trying to suck water through the pure outlet. Unless it's a vacuum pump it's not designed to suck. If the pump is on the pure outlet then the ratio of wate to pure will be weird.
I would double check the piping as I find it difficult to believe it will work at all, if it does work I can't see the pump lasting very long. Plus pushing 'pure' through the DI might not get him to 0tds as the speed of flow might be too high.
Seems very wrong to me to have the booster after the RO.

Hi all. After some advice on booster pump fitting. I've currently got a booster pump fitted which I fitted myself. After watching numerous YouTube videos I fitted it after the pre filters but before the membrane, this makes sense as you are boosting pressure through the membranes to give them optimum output.
I recently recommended to a friend they buy a system with a booster pump fitted, which they duly did from PF. When it came thr booster pump was fitted after the ro entirely but before the Resin. I told him this wasn't right for optimum output. He called PF and they said this was the correct way to do it. Could anyone help me out in confining it is better to fit it before the membranes?
You're way is the correct way. I can't believe PF have said your mates set is correct, they must have some clowns working for them if they've expanded their workforce after the take over

You can put a booster pump before or after the prefilters. But it must be fitted before the membranes.

Thanks all, I thought this to be the case. PF have definitely fitted it after the pre filters and membrane, but before the Resin. So the resin is getting a good blast through ? very bizarre. I'll get it sorted out for him it's an easy enough fix. But I wanted to get confirmation first as he was reluctant to change it after speaking with PF. Thanks again

That seems mad! I was under the impression that a RO membrane is effectively a very very fine filter and needs pressure to force the water through it. Putting a booster pump after the RO seems mad as it will be trying to suck water through the pure outlet. Unless it's a vacuum pump it's not designed to suck. If the pump is on the pure outlet then the ratio of wate to pure will be weird.
I would double check the piping as I find it difficult to believe it will work at all, if it does work I can't see the pump lasting very long. Plus pushing 'pure' through the DI might not get him to 0tds as the speed of flow might be too high.
Seems very wrong to me to have the booster after the RO.
It's very strange, but in all honesty it does work. The water comes out of his resin at 001 and it improves the flow. But it is definitely plumbed in after the ro system. I said to my mate though that overtime it won't be as effective so it's best to get it sorted. I'll try and get a pic to show how they have plumbed it up. Can't believe they have piped it that way ?

Latest Posts

Back