Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Reasonable Sealants

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ben23

Evening all.

Just a quick question for those that do a lot of sealing, i currently use smartseal products but lose a fair bit of business due to the price of the materials, has anyone got any good tried and tested alternatives that they use?

Cheers

Ben

@Ben23 I also use a fair ammount of Smartseal product.

All my sqM prices are based on their product weather we use that or an alternative.

Reason I base prices on them is they are at the higher end of the market prices.

What I have learnt over the years is that clients that find my prices prohibitive are looking for bucket bobs to doff the cap and graft for nowt and express undying grattitude for that cup of tea and digestive biscuit they gave you.

By all means use alternative sealers (resiblock is an excellent choice) but price for higher market brands. If you do you will always make a fair profit.

Smartseal tell their chaps to ask £12 per sqm for block paving clean sand seal. Truth of it is £6 or £7 is fairer and will close you more sales.

When I started as a Smartseal contractor I quoted £10 per sqm and closed nothing. Even at £6.50 I only close half but that half are the actually want a proper professional finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ben23 I also use a fair ammount of Smartseal product.
All my sqM prices are based on their product weather we use that or an alternative.

Reason I base prices on them is they are at the higher end of the market prices.

What I have learnt over the years is that clients that find my prices prohibitive are looking for bucket bobs to doff the cap and graft for nowt and express undying grattitude for that cup of tea and digestive biscuit they gave you.

By all means use alternative sealers (resiblock is an excellent choice) but price for higher market brands. If you do you will always make a fair profit.

Smartseal tell their chaps to ask £12 per sqm for block paving clean sand seal. Truth of it is £6 or £7 is fairer and will close you more sales.

When I started as a Smartseal contractor I quoted £10 per sqm and closed nothing. Even at £6.50 I only close half but that half are the actually want a proper professional finish.
Cheers for that, I just seem to be getting a string of time wasters at the moment, ive had one or two that were thinking it was going to be around £40-£50 for a clean and seal,waste of time and fuel going out to them. Im thinking of trialling resiblock for the next couple of jobs and put my rates in line of around £6 pm2, see if that makes any difference, hopefully get some bites off realistic people shortly.

Back