Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whos Having A Day Off Today?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

shazzy692002

Freezing conditions here today. And snowning again now.

Had 5 days off all ready due to a quiet week last week, Now a unexpected day off today.!!!

What are you doing if your off today?

Im going to investigate more on a caribbean cruise my hubby is taking me on for my 40th.lol

Frozen solid this morning, have spent the last hour defrosting everything, waiting on tank to fill then off out.. Sun is out looks great, just very cold

Well I was planning to be kitting out my van, but snowing at the moment. Hope it stops, I need to build shelves, holders for my tank and DI's, paint the floor etc

We have an inch of snow but I'm off out anyway. I text my customers the night before and they all know I'm coming regardless of snow so I'm covered.

Cold though.

Have to go out as it rained 3 days last week and I spent £400 at Gardiners plus my van is being sign written Friday for another £300 and I have to earn that on top so my wife do sent realise the costs.

Been to the bank to put cheques in getting ready to make a Gammon Carbonara or should I say checking I have the ingredients. I have the gammon left over from cooking yesterday for the wife as it was mothers day... Then probably tidy up the mess... /emoticons/biggrin.png

Been to the bank to put cheques in getting ready to make a Gammon Carbonara or should I say checking I have the ingredients. I have the gammon left over from cooking yesterday for the wife as it was mothers day... Then probably tidy up the mess... /emoticons/biggrin.png
Im impressed. I can make boiled eggs and anything on toast plus shortbread!
When my wife was in hospital my eldest daughter put on a stone in a month cos I fed her takeaways. I am ashamed now but we enjoyed it at the time.

I have leanrt to cook a roast but you cant eat that every day

A least you have a go... lot's won't even try. As for the takeaways I'm sure when the wife came back it all stopped and the veg and salads came back... A little indigence is always good!! /emoticons/biggrin.png

What is a day off?

My wife has given me a whole list of chores to do before she went to work.

includes:

1. clean the cooker

2. mend tumble dryer

3. mend washing machine

4. hover & dust

5. tidy the back garden

6. have my dinner ready when I get home

Oh lucky me /emoticons/biggrin.png

Not to mention I have my own work to do like make phone calls, go out to give quote, answer web enquires & emails, book work in etc. :rolleyes:

nahhh couldnt be bothered, i aint got much on this week, ill put todays onto tomora coz its about -7c in the wind chill. just started snowing with high winds. i aint getting cold lol

I'm still on Number 2 on my list but not done number 1 yet so I'm heading for a bollocking when the wife gets home if I don't pull my finger out . /emoticons/biggrin.png

Forgot to mention aswell

wash the kitchen floor :rolleyes:

Your wife sounds like she has you under controll...Well i have sat here all day and done sod all. lol. Not even dressed.!!!

i got dressed dropped daughter off at school, got home thought bugger it aint going today cant be "BEEEEPED" messaged a few customers and they had a go at me saying why do i charge them for saying not today or for forgetting to leave there gates unlocked but its ok for me to say i aint coming. i said thats business, if you wanna get another cleaner feel free to i wont stand in your way. i work under health and safety laws. and its cold lol /emoticons/wink.png plus the water will freeze on the floor and if someone slips im getting it in the neck.

Freezing conditions here today. And snowning again now.
Had 5 days off all ready due to a quiet week last week, Now a unexpected day off today.!!!

What are you doing if your off today?

Im going to investigate more on a caribbean cruise my hubby is taking me on for my 40th.lol
Im joining you with a day off its proper freezing in Leeds today.

aaaarrrrggggghhhh............. stop snowing please, non stop since 8 this morn when was ready to go canvassing. Hope tomorrow is better as got quite few jobs booked in and need to get canvassing again. Even got icicles on summer house roof i've just seen!!!!

Well I've done my bit for today as my wife likes to play mind games hoping that at least I will do one or two jobs on the list. She thinks I'm useless anyway /emoticons/biggrin.png

Going to play the sympathy game tonight as hurt my back sorting out the washer & tumble dryer. :rolleyes:

Tomorrow is another day to try and do a bit more as the forecast looks as bad as today...

Your wife sounds like she has you under controll...Well i have sat here all day and done sod all. lol. Not even dressed.!!!

I was outside doing some photography till 11.30pm last night, then editing unill 1.30am, kids woke me up at 6.30am lucky for me I forgot to put the heater on in the van and it was frozen, day off it is then /emoticons/smile.png

Picked kids up from school, replaced some bit on daughters mouse cage, went to the hardware store and bought some bits, tidied up the garage and now going to the stables to remove hooks, racks, shelves, floor matting from the wifes stable and the driving her horse 2 miles down the road only to put it all back again.

SHould finish at about midnight.

I wish I was single

I rescheduled a big first clean due today for Wednesday with the freezing conditions in mind. I'm so glad I did now and it's Baltic here in Berkshire! I just hope it warms up later in the week as I have a few appointments to do between my night shift in the Fire Service.

Worked all day a bit of freezing on glass early but once sun got working it was ok. A big commercial tomorrow and Wednesday then off on my jollies Thursday /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back