Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Korey

Would you still chap on doors in an area with clean windows? What would be the best way to go about getting new customers?

I'm starting from the very bottom but don't know how to go about it

If the windows are dirty, it may show that they are not bothered.
It’s easy to over think these things, but really just start at the beginning of a road, and knock at every one, see how you get on. If you get 1 house per hour you’ll be doing ok

If the windows are dirty, it may show that they are not bothered.
It’s easy to over think these things, but really just start at the beginning of a road, and knock at every one, see how you get on. If you get 1 house per hour you’ll be doing ok
My biggest worry is knocking on doors all day and everyone already having a window cleaner, but I'm gonna assume knocking 100 doors, I must get a couple at least

My biggest worry is knocking on doors all day and everyone already having a window cleaner, but I'm gonna assume knocking 100 doors, I must get a couple at least
You just have to keep going as the next door you knock might be a new customer! If you don't get any after a few hrs try a different area. It's just a numbers game.

I would still knock

Maybe they have the ball ache of having to clean the windows themselves. ;)
One of my best customers used to clean their own windows, looked really clean when I took it on as they had done a really good job of them. I honestly thought they already had one but they had given up trying to find one and the lady living there used to hang out the upstairs window doing them.

It's just a numbers game. Yes some areas are more saturated than others, but generally if you knock enough doors you will get customers.

You will soon figure out which areas are better than others so do some experimenting. One day canvas an area. Next day try a different area etc. Keep playing around with it and figuring out what is best for your area or where you want work etc. I had a couple areas that i wanted but canvassing was so bad, so moved to another area 2 miles away and got tons of work.

It's very much a learning curve if you are starting from the bottom and doing it yourself. All you need is motivation and determination and you are good to go.

Latest Posts

Back