Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Christmas raffle for customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yogi1872

I've never done this before but decided over the last wee while that I'm going to do it. Went today and bought 4 £60 vouchers for the local restaurant where I clean, I'm just going to put a number next to the customers and the 4 random numbers that come out the generator will get them.

Il not be picking the numbers until Xmas time, just going to put the voucher in a Xmas card on Xmas week with a note saying thanks for your continued custom over the year, Have a meal on me over the holidays.

Has anyone else done anything similar ?. And if so what was the reaction ?. I'm not wanting old Betty getting the hunp because shone next door got one and she didn't. Would I be better putting on the card that it was 4 houses chosen at random ? .

While it's a nice gesture I would be more inclined to use the vouchers to incentivise your customers to have work done (gutters, facia, conny roof etc) and that enters them in the draw. i.e. they pay you to do more jobs and they might win the vouchers type of thing. So you both gain!!
Just giving away money randomly doesn't really gain you anything other than less money in your pocket.

Think it’s a bit corny and unnecessary if I’m honest ?

Alot of house holds will genually be struggling with the price increases. Belts will be tightened and we are a service that's really not needed. A gesture to show that you appreciate them keeping the monthly cost of the windows getting cleaned I wouldn't say is corny. Without them I'm on the dole, around my area my prices are more than the others so they could easily find a cheaper option of they wanted too. I'm actually surprised I've not had any cancels because of house hold bills going up at the moment.

Alot of house holds will genually be struggling with the price increases. Belts will be tightened and we are a service that's really not needed. A gesture to show that you appreciate them keeping the monthly cost of the windows getting cleaned I wouldn't say is corny. Without them I'm on the dole, around my area my prices are more than the others so they could easily find a cheaper option of they wanted too. I'm actually surprised I've not had any cancels because of house hold bills going up at the moment.
You put the idea on an open forum asking for opinions.
My opinion, after working in this industry for nearly 30 years is that it’s corny ??

If I was you I would just carry on as normal. Do as they ask what they are paying you for - clean the windows. If they want to do a raffle let them go to their social club or church for that.

If you just put £60 vouchers in a random customers Christmas cards then only 4 of them will actually know what you did! How will that help you other than maybe suggest to 4 of your customers you must be earning too much to be able to give them £60 back!

I get where you are coming from but unless you tell all your customers that they will be entered into a draw then only the winners will know!

There was someone on here (sorry can't remember who) that donates food to a food bank or homeless shelter as a Christmas thankyou - effectively on behalf of him and his customers I think.

I think there are probably better ways to thank your customers - avoid Christmas cards in case they think you are angling for a tip - maybe Happy New Year cards and thank them for their continued custom over the last year.

If you just put £60 vouchers in a random customers Christmas cards then only 4 of them will actually know what you did! How will that help you other than maybe suggest to 4 of your customers you must be earning too much to be able to give them £60 back!

I get where you are coming from but unless you tell all your customers that they will be entered into a draw then only the winners will know!

There was someone on here (sorry can't remember who) that donates food to a food bank or homeless shelter as a Christmas thankyou - effectively on behalf of him and his customers I think.

I think there are probably better ways to thank your customers - avoid Christmas cards in case they think you are angling for a tip - maybe Happy New Year cards and thank them for their continued custom over the last year.

I done something similar last year, some people didn't have enough money for Xmas Dinner in the local area. So there was a thing where you could get shopping for them. I didn't actually go shopping for them but messaged the page saying I'd cover someone's if they went and got it. It was then left amnoumously for ppl, not sure how ppl were picked etc tbh.Used to buy atleast 2 items for the food bank when shopping, nothing expensive really. A couple of quid. Stopped that when found out a few where I stay locally abuse it.

Latest Posts

Back