Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What system to get

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Beano

Hi guys

Looking at getting a new ro di system, ideally want a van mounted system and have been looking at the grippamax ones.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

I have a grippamax delivery system.

Great product and grippa are a great company to deal with,if d.i.y is not your thing then you will struggle to find a better system tha grippa.

I have been looking at the grippamax system they do look good. Been looking at the 400ro van mounted system I like the idea of them being crash tested

The fact they are crash tested was one of the reasons that made me choose them.The tanks have a low centre of gravity and are fully baffled so they handle very well ,you can hardly tell when you have a full tank on board.

Grippa also have an exceptional customer service they are associated with gardiner so there customer service is on par.

I have said before that these 'crash tested' tanks are all well and good, however all that means is the tank is going to stay attached to the chassis.

Drive your van at 60mph into a wall / lamp post / back of a parked motor with half ton to three quarter ton of liquid in back of the van and all the other goodies to make up the weight and that cab is still going to fold like a concertina.

I have to say though the Grippa tanks do look smart.

For me I just don't like d.i.y so I was always going to get someone else to do it.

Some one has actually crashed a grippa system in a vw transporter the back of the van consertined up to the tank and the tank absorbed the energy and remained in tact.

I witnessed only today some one installing a d.i.y system where they where missing bolt holes to avoid drilling through the fuel tank the were literally going to miss one side of bolt holes,

It's down to the individual I see plenty of systems just ratchet strapped in I have even seen people use unbaffled Ibc tanks,they all perform the same job.its just not for me.

Oh do not misunderstand me @Cghwindowcleaning I would never consider bits of wood wedged to hold a tank in place or ratchet straps. I would not have a tank without frame bolted through the chassis. I would not like to see a smash with a half ton of liquid held down with ratchet straps.

My sole point is that they all claim crash tested but all that really means is the stay attached to the chassis, that was all.

Back