Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting Out

WCF

Help Support WCF:

casperuk82

Frankly I've had enough of being the go to guy to get this that and the other done. I have been window cleaning for about 11 years now both traditional and wfp but I have cane to the point where I want to be my own boss. I'm just a little unsure and overwhelmed of where to start and how to branch out on my own. Any hints, tips and just damn good advice would be more welcome. Many thanks in advance

have a walk around your local area and decide a good place to start up, Get some leaflets printed up and get door knocking. Can you work the weekends and check your contract with your existing employer. If you have a bit a money set aside you could be a small round and this will give you a boost while you are building up. Free ad sites like Gumtree are a good source of leads.

Many Thanks nearlyclean, Dont think I will mention to my employer that i'm looking to start out on my own don't think he will best pleased and need my current job until i have enough work to finally depart from there

Yes, telling him what you're doing might not be a the best idea. I would keep it under your hat. Do you have your own tools and ladders. You could be in an awkward position if he finds out, doubt he would be happy you moon lighting

Frankly I've had enough of being the go to guy to get this that and the other done. I have been window cleaning for about 11 years now both traditional and wfp but I have cane to the point where I want to be my own boss. I'm just a little unsure and overwhelmed of where to start and how to branch out on my own. Any hints, tips and just damn good advice would be more welcome. Many thanks in advance
I would set a date and plan on leaving your current employment and get a customer base that provides enough for you to pay your bills, a little bit unethical, but understandable. Even if you can afford to leave immediately, this way also give you the opportunity to see if working for yourself is for you.

Look for a decent accountant; you want to run your account/business for tax reasons, and not for profit. (Unless you have no choice i.e. you need to get a mortgage etc) You don’t need an extensive business plan, but you do need an accurate understanding of cost and what you want to earn profit wise and when you actually achieve this.

Don’t worry, it easy when you know where you want to be, it’s much harder if you don’t.

Good luck with it all

Richard

Back