Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Condensation removal

WCF

Help Support WCF:

poulton

Hi guys,

I need to clean some double-glazed windows but some of them have condensation and I think it's between both panes because it isn't coming out on either side.

In your guys' experience is there anything a non-professional like myself can do about this or is it a case of needing new windows.

Thanks for reading.

@poulton double glazed units are usually sealed and contain the gas Argon (I think). Once the seal perishes air gets in and condensation will then appear between. I don't know if anything that will sort it, and I don't think the can be resealed. I see loads and loads of them.

There are firms that claim they can remove it but the glassed units aren’t that expensive to replace and will then come with a guarantee depending on price up to 10 years warranty against this happening again ,

Hi guys,

I need to clean some double-glazed windows but some of them have condensation and I think it's between both panes because it isn't coming out on either side.

In your guys' experience is there anything a non-professional like myself can do about this or is it a case of needing new windows.

Thanks for reading.
I used to fit windows. The units are filled with argon gas then hermatically sealed.
Once they leak and the gas escapes it’s far easier just to replace the double glazed unit than trying to repair it.
It’s important to tell your customer your cleaning methods have nothing to do with the double glazed units perishing

Hi guys,

Thanks for reading.
Hi mate I'm a long time window cleaner unfortunately my friend the glass is best replaced once blown but Only the damage ones.

Latest Posts

Back