Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

rubbers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

R

Ryan

not them kind of ones lol /emoticons/tongue.png

squeegee rubbers

what ones do you use ?

do you buy a long lenth and cut it down ?

whats hard and medium rubbers all about where would u use what ?

anyone got any links to the best rubber around ?

Use unger soft all year. Get mine from wcw. Soft for winter and hard for summer. Not sure why. But I use unger soft all year round. Last well to. Buy mine in 42 inch strips and cut em down. My 12 inch once it worn I cut down for my 10 inch so lasts longer.

lol how do you know when its worn doing it not collect the water as well ? and leaves little lines behind ?

I'm the same soft all year I hate hard, I change mine when I can see it doesn't have a crisp square edge

ya iv got a job now which is 2-3 times a week prob a hr at a time inside so will be using it a lot more now than before so will be doing tho a lot more rubber

they should last a good few weeks, mine are generally fine for about a month, and I am out 5/6 days a week none stop(except when it rains).

I change mine when I see as you say lines or any other marks left by the worn rubber. You can usually tell by looking at the wedges, when the rubber is shot.

Under soft cant beat it. I change mine every week or two has half way down the rubber lol gets a chip in it leaving a thin streak of water across the glass

ya iv got a ettore blade and rubber atm which is great tbh love it

but will get some unger stuff see if there's a diffrance prob just as good but iv only got 1 spare ettore 1 left so got to get some resin and few unger blades

will let you all know how i like it ;]

Under soft cant beat it. I change mine every week or two has half way down the rubber lol gets a chip in it leaving a thin streak of water across the glass
Under soft? not tried them. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Tried Udder soft once. Right cow of a job to make them work. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Under soft? not tried them. :huh:

Tried Udder soft once. Right cow of a job to make them work. /emoticons/biggrin.png
Makes you look like a tit too lol

hi you lot ya all ok:) when i first started out i had the same rubber in me sqeege 6 months on, then a lady said to me every time the sun shines on her patio doors there is curved lines on it, i change or turn me rubbers every week now, i use ettoree soft, whatch out for older properties were the paint is flakeing of the frames, it can soon put a nick in a rubber .............pete

Latest Posts

Back