Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning In The Rain!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tommy Zoom

Whats the deal with being able to clean in the rain? Is it true that if it rains whilst or after cleaning the windows with wfp, the rain water will not spot on the windows the same??

how heavy does it have to be to not do your domestic work??

Thanks

It varies. Some windows are terrible for it., but most are fine, expecially if they're the upvc kind. If it's just spitting, it wont make a difference, but if it gets to the point where the water is going to run off the walls onto the glass, then it'll wash dirt down with it and ruin your job.

You can always say if you're not happy give us a call and I'll come back and redo them - if you have a whole day of work you might have to sack off its better to do this and get called back to maybe 2 or 3 than lose a whole days work ..

Another key concept for rainy days: Holiday homes..

I did a first clean the other day and was chucking it down before I finished but that was wfp and as said first clean and was pretty bad so they were pleased anyway. I've first cleaned in a thunder storm trad though on 2 same day and they are still customers.

Wind is your enemy :Image1: .

If it's lashing and windy with it, you won't see me out.

I've worked in heavy rain many times, but if no wind then you don't have a problem with rain on glass.

In winter I turn for home when I'm getting cold because the rain has got through all the layers and i'm starting to feel miserable, not because I'm concerned about rain on glass.

In 30 years I've lost one customer to cleaning in the rain, (TRUE) not a bad average.

i've had plenty of comments and rolls of the eyes from customers. :Image15:

But if you can work in bad weather cleaning windows for years, you can certainly put up with a few comments from customers.

Thick skinned.

rs2315.

Out today in heavy drizzle.I clean trad. got a couple of negative comments I just tell them its liquid sunshine, or windows are still cleaned some I tell its not the rain its the wind blowing dirt seems to keep them happy[ish]

some will clean in rain and all the custys love it, other will clean in the rain and all there custys will cancel on them, ask your self the question, "would you want your windows cleaned In this weather"

i had a mate who use to clean in the rain, packed it in now, i seen him once him and his 1 member of staff, dressed in full water proofs, jackets and hats, the type fishermen wear, the rain out side was running down the road like a little river, it was really bad and he was moaning that every custy had turned him away that morning

I dont clean in the rain unless its builders cleans or for housing association, the rain is one of my reasons i keep my windows to 3 days a week worth of rain and fill the other days up with gutter cleans and the odd jet wash job, that way if i have a couple days of rain i can always catch up the windows at the end of the week and just shuffle a gutter clean in on the wet days

i clean in lite drizzel or in between showers i have a rule if i start a house an get half way throu or more an it rains ill finish it in the rain un less its pee in down very hard then ill take shelter till it eases or stops

Most will not like their windows cleaned when it's raining so it's down to you if you want to try to educate them or not. Simples....

I personally enjoy having the day off. If its raining

Theres more to life then work
Im going to take a guess and say you dont have wages to pay? I get crabbit if I know its gong to rain all day lol, even more so if i dont have any extra work booked in for that week

Im going to take a guess and say you dont have wages to pay? I get crabbit if I know its gong to rain all day lol, even more so if i dont have any extra work booked in for that week
I do pay wages.

But like me he only earns when week work.

No work no money

I pay him well when we do work.

He gets paid hourly plus bonus

I do pay wages.

But like me he only earns when week work.

No work no money

I pay him well when we do work.

He gets paid hourly plus bonus
thats wat my m8 does pays a daley wage no wrk no money its all part of the job but it is nce to have a day off to chill out if i wrk 4 days a week im happy

I don't work in the rain,

Imagine going out at 8am getting soaked then coming home at 3pm still soaked, No thanks, What I cant do today, I can do tomorrow is my moto.

yea i hate geting soaked ide rather chill out an watch the box or go fishing an sit under a 50 inch brollie an stay dry :Image3:

Latest Posts

Back