Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Heavy rain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ashley1337

What do you all do in the heavy rain? Pretty bad today to the point where it's bouncing off the windows and I don't feel like I can actually clean them. Even if I do the customer probably thinks I'm doing it for the sake of it and probably not doing a good job.

Do you go home and tomorrow's another day? Or just sit out in the van and wait for a gap?

If it's a heavy shower then i sit in the van for 5 mins.

I find it very rarely rains all day(I work in light/medium rain).

I have 3 goretex jackets in the van.some days I'll use all 3 if it's particularly wet.?

Today it was dry for the first 2 hours cleaning then 3 hours in the rain.used 2 goretex jackets.

OK it's a bit miserable working in the rain but id rather work in it and keep on schedule so I can have Friday and the weekend off.??

If you have a Glass topped Patio table at home in the garden you can see the **** that comes down in the rain when it has dried. It has a layer of dry dust on it This **** lands on the windows while and after you have cleaned in heavy rain . Most customers dont look at there windows after clean. They take it for granted they have been cleaned . This is why i dont clean in the rain . no matter how much you rinse
ive had a couple complain but always pass by and reclean if they have any issues the next day if possible

If its a passing shower ill sit it out in van . have a cuppa. if like today pack up and go home . Tomorrows another day .

If you have a Glass topped Patio table at home in the garden you can see the **** that comes down in the rain when it has dried. It has a layer of dry dust on it This **** lands on the windows while and after you have cleaned in heavy rain . Most customers dont look at there windows after clean. They take it for granted they have been cleaned . This is why i dont clean in the rain . no matter how much you rinse
ive had a couple complain but always pass by and reclean if they have any issues the next day if possible

If its a passing shower ill sit it out in van . have a cuppa. if like today pack up and go home . Tomorrows another day .
The Windows are vertical a table top is horizontal that makes a huge difference to what lands on it , generally unless there is strong wind the majority of the rain doesn’t land on the window

The Windows are vertical a table top is horizontal that makes a huge difference to what lands on it , generally unless there is strong wind the majority of the rain doesn’t land on the window
I actually noticed this today, was raining quite a lot and the house i was at, the windows where pretty much still dry. possible just because how the wind was blowing and where the house was facing but still.

I don't work in the rain.

Many years ago I did a first clean. I had hardly started when the heavens opened. I didn't have a water proof jacket with me. I finished that house and I was drenched.
Lady paid me and I got back into my Suzuki Carry van and drove home. My wet clothes on the vans seats soaked them. It took about a week to dry them out. If it was winter it would have taken me weeks to dry those seats out.
I swore then I would never get into that position again.
I went back to the house the next day and checked the windows. Perfect.

I've only been in the van with wet clothes once since then. I put lots of towels down on the seat and didn't use the back rest of the seat. The towels were wet but the seat was dry.

It's been raining near enough every day for the last 3 weeks around here, today I don't think it stopped all afternoon I was soaked through to the skin. I can't afford to just take 3 weeks off. I'm cleaning all the last 30 days of dirt off. I've never had a complaint about working in the rain but then again I make it clear in the quote that I work in all weathers, I actually put it in writing and verbally tell them.

Out of interest, what do you do if it's dry tomorrow morning but raining tomorrow evening? Like what's the point in cleaning them if it's going to rain?

It's been raining near enough every day for the last 3 weeks around here, today I don't think it stopped all afternoon I was soaked through to the skin. I can't afford to just take 3 weeks off. I'm cleaning all the last 30 days of dirt off. I've never had a complaint about working in the rain but then again I make it clear in the quote that I work in all weathers, I actually put it in writing and verbally tell them.

Out of interest, what do you do if it's dry tomorrow morning but raining tomorrow evening? Like what's the point in cleaning them if it's going to rain?
I know this is a question for @johnny bravo .

Personally, those windows get cleaned. I just don't like cleaning when it's actually raining. If it's a passing shower, then we will sit it out in the van and carry on after the shower has passed. I wear glasses, and usually those are the first to get wet looking upwards. If I take them off, then I can't see what I'm doing.
Son says he's allergic to rain. :ROFLMAO:

We can round and round in circles with this one, I'll happily work in the rain for 2 hours or so but eventually, I get peed off with it so just knock it on the head I was lucky yesterday it was forecast heavy rain all afternoon but for the most part it was light rain when it was heavy it was torrential I ain't working in that looking like a desperate I can sit in the van for so long then just think sod it and go home.

@johnny bravo that was most likely already on the table before it lashed down no different to your van sitting on the drive people say ooh my car got dirty from the rain it's displaced dirt on a flat surface

Each to their own...Work,don't work.

I prefer to crack on in the rain most days.

As for spruce s problem I have a heated drivers seat so it soon dries out and its heaven in the cold winter months!??

I agree with @spruce, I know I could clean them in the rain if I wanted to but I choose not to for my own comfort and sanity. Don't get me wrong, if its light rain I'll work in it, but if I'm going to spend the day soaked to my skin I'll swerve it, life's too short

Back