Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help pricing a job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Adams0211

Morning guys.

I know everyone's prices are different and I know the usual advice is to take your hourly rate and times it by the number of hours the job will take but this one has got me a bit stumped and I'm not sure how long i think it will take me.

The house is a bit on the quirky side and a bit all over the place. The frames are all wooden (in good condition) if you can't tell from the pics.

I need to give the guy three prices.

An exterior first clean price for all glass, upvc and conny roof.

A four weekly maintenance clean price.

An interior clean. Glass only. His cleaner will do the frames. Excluding glass roof and conny roof.

Access to the conny at the front is good and there's a tap I can use for washing down the roof. Access to everything else is a bit awkward and will need me to run my hose through part of the house.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated

View attachment 7036

View attachment 7035

View attachment 7037

View attachment 7038

View attachment 7039

View attachment 7040

View attachment 7041

View attachment 7042

View attachment 7043

View attachment 7044

ask yourself the question-is this place the sort you crave as part of your round? if it is then price it keenly so it becomes part of your regular round and everyones happy

if its not what you want long term id decline it. ooo you need the money but iv learned not to take on stuff i know instantly i dont want to visit as a regular,because itll slow my progress into finding the stuff i really want .

ask yourself the question-is this the type of regular job the sort you crave ? if it is then price it keenly so it becomes part of your regular round and everyones happy
if its not what you want long term id decline it. ooo you need the money but iv learned not to hang onto stuff i dont want,because itll slow my progress into finding the stuff i really want .
I think once the first clean is out the way it wouldn't be a bad monthly job. Access isn't great but I've seen worse and I wouldn't have to worry about the conny roof and glass roof on the maintenance cleans. It's one of the nicer areas of my town and hopefully it would lead to more work in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Un the maintaince side this looks straigth forward to me, trad style (velux are only done when insides are done) I would give a good monthly price and then mark heavy up on the roofs in a take it or leave it approach.

Looks like the drive and paths could do with a clean as well....and the gutters...could be a nice earner or a couple of rainy day jobs once you have your foot in the door?!

Looks like the drive and paths could do with a clean as well....and the gutters...could be a nice earner or a couple of rainy day jobs once you have your foot in the door?!
I don't do paths and driveways but I'd noticed the gutters [emoji6]

Looks a really nice job

Can't think why you wouldn't want that job @boarcity

I'd say around £25 / 30 for reg clean

Looks a really nice job Can't think why you wouldn't want that job @boarcity

Cheers mate.

I'm not sure if you checked out all the photos but I could definitely get away with more than £25/30 for the house plus conny.

I don't do paths and driveways but I'd noticed the gutters [emoji6]I've been looking for an excuse to buy a nice pressure washing setup, got block paving on the brain at the moment.

Good on you mate so which bit of pricing are you stumped with ?
Mainly the first clean price. I'm not sure how long it'll take me. I think it's because 99% of what I do is straightforward. I haven't done a house like this before.

Looks a really nice jobCan't think why you wouldn't want that job @boarcity

everybodys round is diffrent,well what i mean is everyone likes cleaning diffrent stuff. i had a fair few jobs like that on this thread on my round and they paid well enuff but i had never really enjoyed doing them even on the 1st clean . i knew what i DID like and that was small council house work/terraced houses,flats etc . once i knew this was my future i started dropping anything i didnt like- and wished id done this ages ago

everybodys round is diffrent,well what i mean is everyone likes cleaning diffrent stuff. i had a fair few jobs like that on this thread on my round and they paid well enuff but i had never really enjoyed doing them even on the 1st clean . i knew what i DID like and that was small council house work/terraced houses,flats etc . once i knew this was my future i started dropping anything i didnt like- and wished id done this ages ago
Oh right

I am opposite prefer detached houses to estates

I like an "interesting" house to work on, where the architect has gone a bit mad and made cleaning the windows not soo staight forward but not to the extent where they can't be cleaned properly. I've one big place on the seafront that I climb all over like spider man....love it.

I'd price that as a days work for the first clean etc and workout the monthly clean whilst doing it, or give them an estimate, say £30-£40 and tell them you'll give the exact figure once the first clean is done, then convince yourself and them that it's worth every penny of the £40.

I like an "interesting" house to work on, where the architect has gone a bit mad and made cleaning the windows not soo staight forward but not to the extent where they can't be cleaned properly. I've one big place on the seafront that I climb all over like spider man....love it.I'd price that as a days work for the first clean etc and workout the monthly clean whilst doing it, or give them an estimate, say £30-£40 and tell them you'll give the exact figure once the first clean is done, then convince yourself and them that it's worth every penny of the £40.
Yeah agree I sold good weekly shop work as its gets totally mind numbing after ten years - same people every Friday in street you start to go mad

About 80% of what I do is council or ex council houses and flats. I much prefer detached houses.

I'm thinking of pricing it at £200 for the first exterior clean. Even if it takes me six hours (which I doubt) it's still £30 an hour.

The majority of the windows are straight forward. The glass roof is a bit of a pain for access but it shouldn't be too bad and the conny has a plastic roof which is in pretty good condition.

As for the maintenance clean, I reckon I can get £40/£50 for it but I'll see how it goes after the first clean.

Not sure about interior glass. Maybe £90? I hate tradding so not too worried if I get the inside or not.

What do you think chaps?

Wow zers wish I got that much Seems a fortune £200 exterior
I don't think it's too bad considering the size of the conny. I'm sure some guys on here would charge £200 for the conny alone. Seems a fair price to secure the job and will be a nice one to do every four weeks once the first clean is done. Hopefully I'll start getting the neighbour's too.

Back