Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

D I Vessel in van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

Im thinking of installing a DI Vessel in my van , never used one this way b4. Ive been quite happy with tds of 004 coming straight out of 450 Ro straight into water butt . then transfer into van ready to work. Been using this tds for over 24 years now not 1 complaint . i always chec the odd one when dried to make sure no spotting. Any one any ideas how long the ressin would last me if using daily around 3/400 litres daily with a TDS of 004/5
Anyone any pics as best place to store it. And what size to use so i can start looking for a second hand one to try
Thanks

This is how mine are mounted .

Attachments

• 26927FB7-71D5-479C-B191-DA36EE8A31E0.jpeg
    26927FB7-71D5-479C-B191-DA36EE8A31E0.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 55C043F3-501E-4570-9998-C3FF0628BD19.jpeg
    55C043F3-501E-4570-9998-C3FF0628BD19.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 24
  • EE731F5D-BF34-4DDA-A381-AC0587B54163.jpeg
    EE731F5D-BF34-4DDA-A381-AC0587B54163.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 24
Im thinking of installing a DI Vessel in my van , never used one this way b4. Ive been quite happy with tds of 004 coming straight out of 450 Ro straight into water butt . then transfer into van ready to work. Been using this tds for over 24 years now not 1 complaint . i always chec the odd one when dried to make sure no spotting. Any one any ideas how long the ressin would last me if using daily around 3/400 litres daily with a TDS of 004/5
Anyone any pics as best place to store it. And what size to use so i can start looking for a second hand one to try
Thanks
If it ain't broke why try and fix it?

its just for the next time tds starts to creep up . these Axeon membranes from daqua have lasted me 2 years. from tap tds of 148 bringing it out with 4 / 5 tds.
Having an 11 litre di vessel will be best to take it to 000 will be handy to have just in case and be ready. ill look out for someone getting rid. always handy to have i suppose.
Thanks for replies.
Ive just cleaned my own windows with tds of 005 not one bit of spotting so Happy Days our kid

Where are you based? I live in Grimsby and have an 11 litre DI vessel spare that I can't get the lid off to save my life. If you can, you're welcome to have it ?

Johnny Bravo is based on Teesside (Middlesbrough) @JohnDoeWindows . We share the same water from Northumbrian Water unless the water board decides to supplement our water from one of their few dams on the North Yorks Moors.

Our water was 129ppm the other day when I checked, and my nearly 10-year-old Axeon membrane was/is still removing 97% of our tap water's impurities (3ppm). I have a 6.5 litre DI vessel and we also use approx 300 to 400 litres of water a day. I purify my water from the r/o through the DI vessel and then into a 1000 litre IBC tank. I change the resin in the DI vessel once a year when the pure after DI is 1 to 2ppm. (A 25 litre bag of Tulsion MB115 lasts me 4 years.)

If my membrane's performance drops off a bit then I'm going to use more resin, but so far so good.

thats good going spruce resin lasting 4 years that will do me whats the best price now for a 25ltr bag of Tulsion resin . ill check it out . yours is with a 4040 Ro Spruce .

cheapest i found around £82 25ltr bag

Last edited:
I just buy it from Daqua. I know it's the genuine article and not something else labelled as Tulsion; like what happened a few years back with another supplier.

its just for the next time tds starts to creep up . these Axeon membranes from daqua have lasted me 2 years. from tap tds of 148 bringing it out with 4 / 5 tds.
Having an 11 litre di vessel will be best to take it to 000 will be handy to have just in case and be ready. ill look out for someone getting rid. always handy to have i suppose.
Thanks for replies.
Ive just cleaned my own windows with tds of 005 not one bit of spotting so Happy Days our kid
doesn’t sound right changing the membrane every 2 years with a tap TDS of 148 , mine is 85-95 and the membranes are 7-8 years old and still fine , might be worth giving @doug atkinson a call to check it out , I assume you are using and changing ore filters ???

doesn’t sound right changing the membrane every 2 years with a tap TDS of 148 , mine is 85-95 and the membranes are 7-8 years old and still fine , might be worth giving @doug atkinson a call to check it out , I assume you are using and changing ore filters ???
do you think i should have just changed the filters. too late now it is on 4/5 days a week

Some people change every year but it’s all down to water quality and looking after your membrane. It’s a bit like not checking on your oil in your car engine.

Some people never change their filters or run with the wrong ratio so life of membrane is reduced.

450 ro is on 4/5 days a week 4/6 hrs at a time does around 2/300 litres daily
Is this a 450GPD RO one of the little ones? If so you should change the other filters depending on their service life. Remember that you should count the total water that flows through the filters not just Pure out. So total will be 2 to 3 times the pure out!!!
A fibredyne is good for about 40,000 litres! So probably once every 2 months!

Ah ok maybe that’s the life span of them as they are much smaller ? Don’t have any experience with them Ime Afrade @spruce is very good with stuff like this .
My first r/o was a 275gpd to begin with and then later fitted with 150gpd membranes to make it a 450gpd. Those Filmtec 150gpd membranes lasted 6 years. It is very important to change the prefilters regularly according to the manufacturer's service spec.

This r/o was 1 year old when I purchased it along with other stuff. The previous owner didn't change the prefilters once in that year. He changed the prefilters before I took delivery of everything. The original membranes didn't last another 6 months. So I know that back then, using the same water supply, waiting a year to change prefilters resulted in early membrane failure.

I was using 550 litres a day; full tanks of 450 litres + 100 litres in 25 litre drums. My waste to pure was 3 waste to 1 pure (non adjustable). It was only later that I saw a note in the carbon block filter packaging that it's service life was 6000 litres. I was changing prefilters every 3 months, which was way too late.

Back