Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Day rate?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

A Job far too big for me. I would rather stick to 15 pound a houses.

Go with what you feel its worth doing for, if they say no and think you're asking too much then see it as a luckly escape.

The ones I can see that I know I will have difficulty with are the ones above the flat roofs, the veluxs between, though if I can get on flat roof shouldn't be hard and those ones behind the glass, those will be a real ball ache.

It is outside only yeah /emoticons/smile.png

You mean use a trolley for the whole lot? Add another week on :confused:
Nah man, I would take someone with me on this one and they can run back and forth filling me up, I wouldn't stop so wouldn;t take any longer.

Was thinking £1500 myself, so not far off.
Might pay you to ask what the last cleaners charged, just so you have an idea how close your price in your head is. If they were charging £1500, then up it a bit more, then you'll be a happy bunny! If they were a lot less than £1500, then put in your price of £1500 and if they go for it, then at least you'll be getting what you wanted in the first place.

Well taking into account the guy who does it at the moment uses TWO cherry pickers, I am guessing it must be more than that?

have emailed her asking what she currently pays, hopefully she will come back to me tomorrow.

@Diwrnach , that's the kind of job I would love to get my teeth into:D may I ask how did you get to this stage? did they contact you or did you approach them first i.e canvassing?

yep me thinks you can double the first idea....if they have been paying for cherry pickers...they must have been paying a fair wack

off a big ladder...remember them./emoticons/biggrin.png..you can do the middle as you come down if you have long arms like me...

for one man your surely looking at a week hoping to do it in four days...

yep me thinks you can double the first idea....if they have been paying for cherry pickers...they must have been paying a fair wack
off a big ladder...remember them./emoticons/biggrin.png..you can do the middle as you come down if you have long arms like me...

for one man your surely looking at a week hoping to do it in four days...
That is my thinking mate, for the glass fronted ones I was thinking a small pole from above.

This might be a cost cutting exercise for the management, me think !!!!
It didn't come across that way to be honest, from the way she spoke they had a budget and that was it kind of deal. They were just upset at the mess they had made with the cherry pickers having to lay turf etc and caused a lot of problems for maintenance.

Back