Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Di vessel problem , driving me mental!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Glenn

Have x3 25L di’s In 2 vans filter

on site ,same system 8 yr + new resin from Daqua , reads 70 so I take di apart all seems in order but I attached hose to in side and water wouldn’t come out of the bottom of tube to the bottom ‘basket’ but flowed out of top only SO I put hose on out 

side and put it comes at the bottom one as it should so in my van the vessel is in reverse....then same thing on only ONE of the other vans di so try same trick and does the same initally zero TDS and then the  same wth **** TDS WHY ?!?? it’s a major hassle taking them out as they’re boxed into floor , changed NEW RESIN and still this issue really ****** off and puzzled . Only change that di’s are now laid flat 

Your Real Name:Glenn 

The Location You're In:highlands Scotland 

How Long You Have Been Cleaning:30

Brief intro about yourself:

I’d stand them back up again and give it a cycle through with water for ten minutes and re test the TDS level it may be the fact there laid flat and the resin has rested different in the vessel as apossed to when Its stood upright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I’m wrong. Your output TDS is reading high after new resin. Your DI Vessel is laying flat!!!

Basically tap water is mixing with pure

Thanks for responses .

What i don't understand is :

1.when i take the 'lid' off the cylinders there is a basket pushed up into the lid , a long tube with another basket on the end 

2. So when i attach a hose to 'in' the water doesn't flow to the lower basket (surely it should so it's forced through the resin then to exit or am i wrong  ?)  just seeps out the top one nearest lid 

3. Place on the 'out' and it comes out the bottom one .

4. re-assemble , stick in van works great then a few days later readings are high 

So the vessel's HAVE to be vertical ? Just i'm certain I've seen 'pro' set up's and vessels are laid flat too ??? confused !!

cheers

The vessel has to be upright otherwise the resin and pressure will force the riser tube at an angle.

Water comes in filters through the cone connected to the head. Runs through the resin and does the exchange.

it then goes up the riser tube via the bottom filter 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the risers/basket things can get clogged, no? I see they sell spares of all the internal parts for my vessel.

Thanks for responses .

What i don't understand is :

1.when i take the 'lid' off the cylinders there is a basket pushed up into the lid , a long tube with another basket on the end 

2. So when i attach a hose to 'in' the water doesn't flow to the lower basket (surely it should so it's forced through the resin then to exit or am i wrong  ?)  just seeps out the top one nearest lid 

3. Place on the 'out' and it comes out the bottom one .

4. re-assemble , stick in van works great then a few days later readings are high 

So the vessel's HAVE to be vertical ? Just i'm certain I've seen 'pro' set up's and vessels are laid flat too ??? confused !!

cheers

You had it right the first thing me fella. Your hose should be connected to your inlet (in). The water comes out of the top basket as you call it, this then disperses the water through the resin in the chamber and does the exchange (takes the impurities out), the purified water then goes up through the bottom basket and out of the outlet.

Moral if the story, keep it connected to your inlet.

So the vessel's HAVE to be vertical? Just I'm certain I've seen 'pro' set up's and vessels are laid flat too ??? confused!  , You will have seen large 40/40 R/O membranes laid horizontal on van mount systems. 

Cheers guys , really appreciate your advice and putting me right . Yes must have been membranes i'd seen laid flat . Damn it x 2 vans to re-plumb and source brackets etc But at least i know i not going mad and no more weeping over the TDS meter !!!

Back