Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gallery and resources

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
Hey all so I have been keeping an eye on the new areas we added. The gallery and resources areas. It has become apparent that the gallery actually has not been used once. The resources has a little but really not much.

It seems in deeper research into our stats that these areas are actually not even visited that often at all. So it seems members really are only interested in the forum function as in threads and posts type format in few of this I am thinking that maybe we should think again.

I really want to take the forum to the next level and I think now is the time to set things in motion. We have all now settled with the new design, the activity is better and were all getting along well.

So I have been wondering if actually we really need a gallery area or even forum photo area at all as if you want to post a pic it's probably more suited to post in the area it is about anyway. This actually makes more sense than having a separate gallery.

The resources area again is not being used really and I will need to look at this more but it might be that we bring back forum areas for the categories that are in the resources. This would not take to much are the forum areas are already there we would just need to change a few permissions etc.

Looking back even to when we were on different forum software and I had added separate areas etc the result was the same that really where people want to be and interacting with is the forums, threads and posts.

I want to create a forum area also for forum development suggestions or maybe at least a sub forum maybe so everyone can add there two pennies worth on what they would like, what features they may want in the future etc. this is not to say everyone will be added but would be good to get peoples feedback.

Anyway thoughts please everyone. /emoticons/wink.png

sorry gav i just havent had time to visit the other site features...i am already multi tasking and watching the tv talking etc....my head hurts...if i had more time:)

Ha ha that's no problem. I am not worried that it has not been used really. Just an observation over time that actually the average forum users is really only interested in using or has time to use the core forum features.

This is fine by me, so just wanted to ensure we have the format that suits. To be honest when we have people using tapatalk those users can not access these areas anyway so in a way is better to go back to forum areas for certain things.

I'd rather see less areas & have them busy than have hundreds of areas/functions that only get used once in a blue moon. Keep forum users to a smaller area & it will promote more conversation,..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back