Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Does anyone on here have a YouTube channel?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5762
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

Deleted member 5762

I just wondered if anyone on here had a YouTube channel for their business or themselves at all? Or other form of videos they do like TikTok or something similar?

Not for a form of gaining work, more like for information or how-to videos.

I know a guy who does alot of pressure washing, and puts the videos on TikTok, but it's hit and miss as to how many views he gets.

There seems to be a few on YouTube, but from a UK perspective I really like Squeaky Clean Dave, but a few of the other popular UK based YouTuber window cleaners I'm not as keen on at all.

Apologies if this has been asked/covered before.

I’m on most platforms though actually only use Facebook with any regularity, which is the one I thought I never would. Never for advertising though as it’s just tight-wads, at least round my way.

However as everyone has it I blog daily just to showcase each job. Because of that it’s pretty disorganised but I just tell new clients to ignore my nonsense prose and click straight to photos and have a scroll through to look at breadth and quality of work. (I cover loads of different trades). On that basis it works for me. YouTube I just wouldn’t have time for to be honest.

Most of the ‘trade’ accounts I follow are actually on TikTok though it’s disappointing as as soon as they get popular they tend to monetise it and start advertising ****. Can’t blame them. I’d probably do the same.

To be fair if it made me enough money I’d start an OnlyFans and pressure wash naked. ?

I’m on most platforms though actually only use Facebook with any regularity, which is the one I thought I never would. Never for advertising though as it’s just tight-wads, at least round my way.

However as everyone has it I blog daily just to showcase each job. Because of that it’s pretty disorganised but I just tell new clients to ignore my nonsense prose and click straight to photos and have a scroll through to look at breadth and quality of work. (I cover loads of different trades). On that basis it works for me. YouTube I just wouldn’t have time for to be honest.

Most of the ‘trade’ accounts I follow are actually on TikTok though it’s disappointing as as soon as they get popular they tend to monetise it and start advertising ****. Can’t blame them. I’d probably do the same.

To be fair if it made me enough money I’d start an OnlyFans and pressure wash naked. ?
@Truckcab79 lol nudey pressure washing sounds a bit dangerous ?.

Totally agree with regards to monetising. That's the avenue a few of the window cleaners on YouTube have gone down. I don't mind if it's genuine but some of it is utter nonsense.

No wouldn’t have a clue how to set it up and far to busy with the existing work load to want to attract more customers, website and walk ups produce far more than we can cope with , I don’t understand where ones find the time to do it either but that’s just me ??
@Pjj that's good that you are so busy with your work buddy. Some of the videos I watch seem to genuinely want to help/advise people, other ones unfortunately is just them plugging other company's products nowadays. Quite cringy alot of it.

I used to do little videos but got a lot of hate and business got too busy.
Unbelievable the amount of smarta*ses out there that watch videos and then criticise. I honestly don't know why they bother watching in the first place.

Unbelievable the amount of smarta*ses out there that watch videos and then criticise. I honestly don't know why they bother watching in the first place.

The comments on most trade channels on TikTok are the best bit. ?. Seemingly there must be loads of professional kitchen fitters/brickies/landscapers/chippies,whatever who have chosen to sit at home criticising others work rather than use their obvious skills to actually go out and do it. You’re a brave tradie who puts their work out there for everyone to criticise. Even if it’s brilliant someone who knows better will tell you you’re doing it wrong. ?

If you have ever tried making promotional videos or being part of them it's very difficult - the acting is so much more difficult than it looks. I was in a vid many years ago promoting our department and the directors/producers just said walk from there to there, sit down and pick up a document are pretend to read it. Seemed so simple, but I looked so wooden and fake ? ? I was also filmed using a simulator driving a main battle tank and I looked OK in that as I wasn't aware they where actually filming me at the time I was just taking part in a simulation exercise.
Some of the youtubers have 'sold out' but when you look at the time involved to shoot the footage then edit it, add music, buy cameras, batteries, memory cards etc it takes a huge amount of time, so it's not surprising they take the opportunity to have a little payback.
I do comment on videos, mainly supportive but to also ask questions and most reply - it also helps their vids get seen by liking and commenting.
I have learned quite a lot over the years on youtube - not just windy stuff.

I certainly wouldn't to be in front of the camera ? but I do appreciate those that take the time and efforts to make the vids.

The comments on most trade channels on TikTok are the best bit. ?. Seemingly there must be loads of professional kitchen fitters/brickies/landscapers/chippies,whatever who have chosen to sit at home criticising others work rather than use their obvious skills to actually go out and do it. You’re a brave tradie who puts their work out there for everyone to criticise. Even if it’s brilliant someone who knows better will tell you you’re doing it wrong. ?
@Truckcab79 I saw a guy on TikTok getting absolutely slated for having a hotdog van. I couldn't believe or understand why. At the end of the day he's earning money while someone sits on their phone criticising him while not earning any money.

If you have ever tried making promotional videos or being part of them it's very difficult - the acting is so much more difficult than it looks. I was in a vid many years ago promoting our department and the directors/producers just said walk from there to there, sit down and pick up a document are pretend to read it. Seemed so simple, but I looked so wooden and fake ? ? I was also filmed using a simulator driving a main battle tank and I looked OK in that as I wasn't aware they where actually filming me at the time I was just taking part in a simulation exercise.
Some of the youtubers have 'sold out' but when you look at the time involved to shoot the footage then edit it, add music, buy cameras, batteries, memory cards etc it takes a huge amount of time, so it's not surprising they take the opportunity to have a little payback.
I do comment on videos, mainly supportive but to also ask questions and most reply - it also helps their vids get seen by liking and commenting.
I have learned quite a lot over the years on youtube - not just windy stuff.

I certainly wouldn't to be in front of the camera ? but I do appreciate those that take the time and efforts to make the vids.
@ched999uk I agree. Most of them have top of the range video equipment. Nothing wrong with using your skills to help earn if you've put the effort in. Some are also more blatant about it than others.

I was more intrigued if there was a potential star in our midst.

Yes me too, I've also learnt lots of things watching how-to videos on YouTube. Changing the oil and filters in the cars, lots of DIY etc - and just before Christmas I unblocked all our drains for the cost of some drain rods rather than needing to ring a drainage company.

Ricky Bedding does a good job on his videos for pressure washing. Sticks a camera on a pole does the job. Someone, maybe him edits and he's got thousands of viewers. Once your at his level of subscribers you can make a income of it.. Most people who watch his tuff aren't in the industry people just like watching things getting cleaned....

If starting up I would do one but not now, far too busy. Staying a one man band means one doesn't need much work to stay busy. I'm now relying on old customers to get more work. Take today, I went to do a big detached house and they are getting a big extension being built. I said I would come back when its finished in 6 weeks then the neighbour came out and I have to clean her windows now and I do the one over the road. The reason I got asked because the old windy not reliable and customers don't like this routine.

If starting up I would do one but not now, far too busy. Staying a one man band means one doesn't need much work to stay busy. I'm now relying on old customers to get more work. Take today, I went to do a big detached house and they are getting a big extension being built. I said I would come back when its finished in 6 weeks then the neighbour came out and I have to clean her windows now and I do the one over the road. The reason I got asked because the old windy not reliable and customers don't like this routine.
You literally turn every thread, making it all about you.
Tedious

Last edited:

I thought you said you have 50 houses?. 2 days work max, so I'm sure you could find time to run marathons never mind a wee video. I was positive your posts were wind ups until I saw it on Google.

Got about 100 houses now. Growing slowly and only accepting the cream now. ?
Your boasting must of bored nearly everyone now.
Let’s see how many people have responded to 3 threads you have started in the last couple of weeks ?

Attachments

• 28530DDA-5EAA-4ECD-844D-F95CDBB63F3F.png
    28530DDA-5EAA-4ECD-844D-F95CDBB63F3F.png
    140.1 KB · Views: 15
  • F82DE9CD-6893-409E-A753-9CD2D21D79B2.png
    F82DE9CD-6893-409E-A753-9CD2D21D79B2.png
    270 KB · Views: 15
  • 8B502DC5-5C33-4424-B70B-0BCC90786F54.png
    8B502DC5-5C33-4424-B70B-0BCC90786F54.png
    130.8 KB · Views: 16

Latest Posts

Back