Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Does anyone take their young lad to work in the holidays?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

To be fair that’s very cheap compared to down here I have customers that are paying £100 per day for 1 child . Doggy daycare down here is up to £35 per day .
I wouldn't know we don't have kids, doggy daycare isn't as expensive up here I don't think at least not with our dog walker we usually pay £10 for a half day for our youngest on an ad-hoc basis just checked her prices on her website and it says £15 for a half-day and £22 for a full day, thankfully we don't need a dog walker as much as some, very pricey to have a dog these days for those that work all day

I wouldn't know we don't have kids, doggy daycare isn't as expensive up here I don't think at least not with our dog walker we usually pay £10 for a half day for our youngest on an ad-hoc basis just checked her prices on her website and it says £15 for a half-day and £22 for a full day, thankfully we don't need a dog walker as much as some, very pricey to have a dog these days for those that work all day
My youngest daughter is a TA in a school and during the summer holidays works part time in a day nursery she said that is what some places are charging some are cheaper but still over £80 per day ,

I took my kids with me today to sand a front drive I washed first thing.. I only take them to jobs when they are right by me where I can see them.

My son is 4, and the childminders he goes to is term time only. So now until he starts school he's going to be off for 6 weeks. My wife works from home as we have a salon out back so she can deal with him most of the time, but some days when she has specific clients or is teaching, she can't really have him at home...

I've thought about taking him with me, if I hammer the work I wouldn't be out too long so he'd probably sit in the locked van with snacks and he's ipad for half of the working day, but at some point he's going to want to get out and watch/try and help me lol.

Do customers look down on you if you bring your young one with you? Or do a few of you do it when you don't have much of a choice.
My son came out with me from 4 years old not one customer had a problem they would have him in for drinks -ice creams .He’s now 28 and earns a great living working with me

I've taken him a few times now, and most jobs he gets straight out the van and cleans the front door with a cloth whilst I do the windows haha, then insists he does 1 window a house even in the rain haha ?

Attachments

• PXL_20230804_124930378.jpg
    PXL_20230804_124930378.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 15
My son used to come with me after I picked him up from school every day for the last couple of jobs since he was about 8
Used to love it and could trad better than most adults I know from about 9
23 now and a gas engineer but would come out with me if he had no work

You know your kid better than us, whether he'd be okay or not. I want to do it too, maybe when he's a bit older; it's definitely something I want to do though. Definitely helped me and my dad bond when I used to go and work with him.

It's not going to be for everybody and not everybody's kids will like it but I think it would do them good from time to time.

Be mindful of what others have said as well about nosey people reporting it to the SS, even though it's harmless. Probably be better off having the kid out the car with you or on the driveway if they have to be in the car/van.

Latest Posts

Back