Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facelift hot water system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ahh I see, I miss understood how that one works so the water passes through the element, so you could have the controller set on low so the water passes slowly wonder how long it would take to heat a 400ltr tank though
According to this : Water Heating Calculator for Time, Energy, and Power it would take about 8 hrs to take 400 lts at 6 Deg C to 40 deg C using a 2000 watt element - that doesn't take in to consideration losses due to tank's insulation but energy transfer from element to water is generally near 100% efficient.

I quite like the idea of the willis heater as no need to cut any big holes in the tank. There are obviously safety issues to be overcome i.e. making sure the water is flowing through it before powering on the element. It could be quite simple to fit by putting a male rectus on it's input so you can plug reel into it, then on the outlet have it going back to the tank. That way the pump, interconnecting pipe and reel stay warm from the tank water that's then being heated by the 2Kw element.

I'm certainly going to think about it and see if it's worth doing.

Just had another thought - maybe I could use the output from the heater to go though hose wrapped round my RO and filters, so that stayed warm.......

Have you priced up a new pump for a washing machine or tried to get your integrated fridge freezer repaired. The extended insurance, which I doubt very many take out, is usually more than half the price of a new appliance. That is because they're so costly to repair. My philosophy has always been, when they start to cost you money, and down time, it's time to get rid.
It's cheaper nowadays to buy extra clothes then it is to operate a tumble dryer so I doubt half the people that have them now will replace them when their current one is knackered.
No mate as we have always bought good brands that have lasted us years, the board/computer went on our first washing machine and we were told it wasn't viable to repair and had the next one for over 15 years and we had our first Fridge Freezer for over 10 years and sold it when we had a new kitchen done in our last house.

I am not telling my wife about the clothes she has to bleedin many to start with :ROFLMAO:

Back