Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Family and friends

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It’s simple, tell your mates your giving the a discount, and charge them the same as you would a normal customer- everyone is happy then??

back in the ninety’s, an acquaintance of mine did a pensioner  discount along these lines, worked a treat. I think he could still sleep at night too?

It’s simple, tell your mates your giving the a discount, and charge them the same as you would a normal customer- everyone is happy then??

back in the ninety’s, an acquaintance of mine did a pensioner  discount along these lines, worked a treat. I think he could still sleep at night too?
My sentiments too. My mother doesn't have to pay, because she's always been my mother. However, my wife hasn't always been my wife!

I don't see any issue in charging them, a mate of mine wasn't going to fit a our new bathroom for free plus the other work he's done in our house and has done at other houses we lived in.

I just charge them the same and will do a free clean if one has helped me out, one neighbour is heating engineer he came across and got our boiler back on it was a quick simple fix back in January so definitely worth a free clean.
theres absolutely no way im charging my mother or any of my brothers(even though one of them is a millionaire)....i just couldnt bring myself to do it.....i refuse any payments off my neighbours too as they are  financially poorer than me by a long way......

theres absolutely no way im charging my mother or any of my brothers(even though one of them is a millionaire)....i just couldnt bring myself to do it.....i refuse any payments off my neighbours too as they are  financially poorer than me by a long way......
Different for me my only family is my wife and in-laws, the in-laws live outside my work area so they don't get done by me, neighbours are more well off than us and  I've tried charging my wife and get nowt ?

Due to past experience I now have a hard line on doing friends, family and neighbours windows. It's just not worth mixing business with personal relationships. 

I'll happily do a one off clean for free for a friend if they've moved house etc. but I don't do any regularly with the exception of my parents house. 

When you start mixing money into personal situations, you can see a different side to people that it's better not to expose. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back