Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

water fed pole pump pressure issue

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matt Barnett

I having problems with my system turn it on & im losing pressure while working after about 10 mins in ti a job.. The water pressure slows down & then picks up again & then it slows down. Not having a constant flow. Has a split relay both batteries have been tested not to long ago. Could it be the pump on its way out? Thanks

View attachment 8960

dissconect out let to hose real turn pump on flat out till u get good flow u will be able to hear if air is in the system

this is the resion i have filters not in van i filter my water in to my tank it just makes it simple when u get a issue

this is the resion i have filters not in van i filter my water in to my tank it just makes it simple when u get a issue
this system is ****.. I've had it 2 months & already had to pay an extra £702 to get it running.. I had a company check over it & he couldn't believe the mess it was in. Filters had been put in the wrong way round. It had a hf4 membrane not the hf5 alot of the connecters were changed.. They system had air in it & alot of air & even he couldn't figure our where it was coming from. Even after replacing nearly everything I still have air in it. It was a cheap system & I wouldn't advice anyone buying from this company. Thanks

That will be your battery. On the Varistream if you turn it off then hold the +/- together you will see either one or three lines. If it is on one then your battery is low.

If it is not your battery then it is a wiring problem that not enough amps is getting through. It could be a connector, wire, clamps etc..

Those Varistreams consume current even when switched off. We lost about 25% charge of an 85amp leisure battery (Numax) with the van just standing for a week.

So if you are relying on your split charge relay to replenish charge in the battery, it won't.

Solution is to fit an on/off switch on the positive cable from the battery to the Varistream and switch it off when you have completed the last house. This works fine for us.

LAP 1-Gang 2-Way 20AX Switch

You will need to put a charger on the battery every 2 night to keep it fully charged if you don't do much mileage.

dissconect out let to hose real turn pump on flat out till u get good flow u will be able to hear if air is in the system
I get alot of air when I fill the system.. Lots of air bubbles just before the water hits the tank..

you can do a quick fix to solve this is you have any air lock etc whilst out on jobs fit a t.junction to your outlet water pipe with another hose so you can bleed it out the van,can be a nightmare depending on your set up this way you can hang the hose out of the van.just fit a stop tap to that bit of hose.

I have the facelift compact ive had one air lock were i had to mess about breaking of the O ring clip to the hose i now have fitted everything with jubilee cilps so i can do a quick fix whilst out on jobs im going to do this t.junction thing me sen soon as last time all the van was wet threw trying to bleed it out the hose feed on the system is not long at all so ends up all over

Back