Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie and hello!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SkulBlaker

hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself on here. Name is Kris, just literally in the process of starting a traditional external cleaning business, offering, Windows, gutters/fascias, conservatories and solar panels. Used to work for someone a few years back using WFP system, but as I'm starting myself I've chosen the traditional method just now.

I have a quick question if you don't mind. I understand the benefits of the "pure" water used with WFP but wondered if this is also worth while when using traditional? I know that by adding detergents to the water I will also add contaminants, but plan on using Ecover to minimise this. Just wondered about your thoughts on it.

As I'm just starting out I want to make sure the windows that I get to do are as clean as they can be to keep the custom.

Hi Kris and welcome. I'm wfp so use pure, but I personally think if you mastered using the squeegee probably, then using pure is a waste of money as you will remove all the water anyway

hi welcome to our forum

ecover / flash is very popular

just having quick look at your thread how are you going to clean solar panels trad

i went to clean the pannels wfp did find this could be quite awkward i personally thik doing trad will be twtt

Hey sorry, noticed I made a mistake in my email address so this is Kris.

Thanks for the replies. Plan is for the solar panels to have a stand off on the ladder then use trad as I would the windows but with the extendable pole. Hoping this works as don't have any desire to use WFP again, at least until I have built up the business.

rainwater feels very nice on the hands and great bubbles hardly need any soap [if you live in a hardwater area its worth loading the bucket with rainwater ]

rainwater feels very nice on the hands and great bubbles hardly need any soap [if you live in a hardwater area its worth loading the bucket with rainwater ]
Thanks mate, live on the west coast of Scotland so have very soft water here, which is a bonus

Thanks mate, live on the west coast of Scotland so have very soft water here, which is a bonus
you dont realize how Lucky you are . soft water is a real joy to use in this job-should bring a smile to your face [if ever youd tried water from my area you surely would laugh,its not clear for starters ]

where i live in east anglia [felixstowe] the water is as hard as they come !

water board guy once told me our water in Suffolk is piped here all the way from Lincolnshire- piping all the sh/t water at great cost by the sounds of it .

water board guy once told me our water in Suffolk is piped here all the way from Lincolnshire- piping all the sh/t water at great cost by the sounds of it .
Dont knock it Boars, if you don't like it leave it!

Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire water is pumped to Essex and Suffolk and else where, whilst you are enjoying no restrictions on your water we are the first in the country (when hot enough) to see hosepipe bans whilst you lot carry on washing your drives with power washers using OUR water!..

Hi and good luck.

I use pure in my trad but i know it makes no difference really, i wfp half my work but trad a lot of downstairs still as i use a car and trolley system, so when i fill up my 25L containers i just fill up small bottles of water which i add fairy to and then really to pour into my bucket on a belt.

My tds is only 58 /emoticons/tongue.png

you dont realize how Lucky you are . soft water is a real joy to use in this job-should bring a smile to your face [if ever youd tried water from my area you surely would laugh,its not clear for starters ]
where i live in east anglia [felixstowe] the water is as hard as they come !

The waters hard as they come just like the women boar lol

Latest Posts

Back