Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which Trad Soap

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

Hi

can anyone recommend best possible trad soap/cleaner for the trad process that doesn't smear and leave spots etc etc? just a back up to my wfp but wanting good stuff

also that is suitable for indoor use too

thanks

Asda eco washing up liquid lime and kiwi with a dash of flash gel concentrate

Me likes that flash gel lemon concentrate and smells nice too /emoticons/biggrin.png

I've still have loads of ecover but next time I'm out if I remember will buy some asda eco to try out too.

Magnum from Aldi-

[love it

] / as second choice W5 by Lidl, its a slightly diffrent mix from the magnum and eventually stings my skin ,after several yrs though,not straight away

It is similar but the same consistency as a normal washing liquid with the slip of ecover

The bonus is it is strong enough to use on its own unlike ecover

I still add flash as it is turbo power then and i think it leaves a great shine

I need to find a lidl on my travels

She can have the w5 to wash up with but i want the bottle for the pull up lid

As i carry my liquid on my belt i am forever dropping it and breaking the standard flip lids

Fairy washing up liquid has always been the best for me, lasts days in the bucket (yes I do sometimes use yesterday's water)

Has good slip and good cleaning power...

Fairy washing up liquid has always been the best for me, lasts days in the bucket (yes I do sometimes use yesterday's water)
Fairy Froth

magnum for me. Must try davyboys potion though

Ecover lemon, Fairy lime and lemongrass, both are great if you add a touch of vinegar.
In all my years of window cleaning I've never used it, even though I've heard of it.

How much? Like how much ml of apple cider vinegar to 500ml of detergent/water?

So basically any washing up liquid will do the job in fact anything that foams in your bucket will work ,I used to clean a rolls Royce factory years back and the soap in the toilets was amazing so I used that ever time time I went

Yep that is it in a nutshell but some washing up liquids will leave more sticky residue on the glass than others. However dare I say it purified water don't /emoticons/biggrin.png

some washing up liquids will leave more sticky residue on the glass than others.
I thought leaving a thin film of detergent was basically the window cleaners friend? Since it does an excellent gleaming job, yet quickly begins to attracts dirt after several days, which means the customers are all the happier to see us in 2 weeks /emoticons/smile.png

I thought leaving a thin film of detergent was basically the window cleaners friend? Since it does an excellent gleaming job, yet quickly begins to attracts dirt after several days, which means the customers are all the happier to see us in 2 weeks /emoticons/smile.png
My customers are usually happy that after 2 weeks there windows still look clean !! To be honest at times I arrive at customers houses and there so clean after a month it looks like some bugger else has done them before I arrive

My customers are usually happy that after 2 weeks there windows still look clean !! To be honest at times I arrive at customers houses and there so clean after a month it looks like some bugger else has done them before I arrive
Saying that I do have 1 custy who has 2 window cleaners as she is 2 scared to sack the other 1

See, for me that would = lots of people asking for them to be done monthly. Then them arguing the toss with me about why I don't clean windows monthly, for 20 minutes.

lol, she must feel sorry for him?
She contacted me after he was a no show ,I cleaned them and she paid ,next month I went and she told me he came 2 weeks ago and said sorry for being late ,now she feels bad and can't bring herself to sack any of us and I WFP the job while the other guy ladders it lol

I don't like the film it leaves on the glass

I don't use water in a bucket except for first cleans

Then it is only water

The soap is in a bottle on my belt

1 bottle of pre mixed soap and water (very strong solution )

And 1 bottle of soap so i can make it stronger if i need or for when doing first cleans

How do you know letchworth posh??

When i help my mate driving i am based in the road parralell to that one

Latest Posts

Back