Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner backpack help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

eddyl3000

Hi all, I have a gardiner backpack, a year old, has been working fine with no previous problems and was charged not long ago

Today after getting to the back of a house the backpack stopped working, just completely dead, but then when we moved it to a certain angle it would work again fine, managed to finish the job, but if we moved it again slightly it would stop again

We did usual things to check the flows fine, just got home and plugged it in to the charger and clicked it on, works fine when plugged in, even when moved still works fine, but as soon as I switch the charger off at the wall it stops again

Can anyone help and point me in the right direction of what to do ?

Would really appreciate it

Thank you ?

Hi all, I have a gardiner backpack, a year old, has been working fine with no previous problems and was charged not long ago

Today after getting to the back of a house the backpack stopped working, just completely dead, but then when we moved it to a certain angle it would work again fine, managed to finish the job, but if we moved it again slightly it would stop again

We did usual things to check the flows fine, just got home and plugged it in to the charger and clicked it on, works fine when plugged in, even when moved still works fine, but as soon as I switch the charger off at the wall it stops again

Can anyone help and point me in the right direction of what to do ?

Would really appreciate it

Thank you ?
Also chargers showing green when plugged in, not red, usually it would be red whilst charging not unless fully charged

It sounds like you have a bad connection - probably on the pump side of things as your charger says battery is full.
The trouble shooting guide is here: https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/Backpack_Troubleshooting_Guide_-_Retail.pdf
The wiring diagram from Gardiners is here:

Hope that helps?
Backpack_v3_Wiring_for_Backpacks_Sold_After_20-10-2021.jpg

Exactly this happened to me a couple of months back. Take the bottom off and check all the wiring connections as one of mine had come loose.

Thanks guys, looks like the black wire from the battery has come away from the fuse prong

Attachments

• IMG_20231008_123512.jpg
    IMG_20231008_123512.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20231008_123516.jpg
    IMG_20231008_123516.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20231008_123505.jpg
    IMG_20231008_123505.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 8

Latest Posts

Back