Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Super Max 50

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Samd223

Hi all,

I have a Gardiner Super Max 50 pole which I use for high reach work.

Can I remove some of the pole sections from this pole? There is a job that's out of reach of my shorter pole but not quite long reach territory. I recall when I bought the pole the lady said I can't do that with this particular pole. I know it has an insulated handle section, is it do with that?

Thanks, Sam

Hi all,

I have a Gardiner Super Max 50 pole which I use for high reach work.

Can I remove some of the pole sections from this pole? There is a job that's out of reach of my shorter pole but not quite long reach territory. I recall when I bought the pole the lady said I can't do that with this particular pole. I know it has an insulated handle section, is it do with that?

Thanks, Sam
@Samd223 I think you're right with how you're thinking.

The bottom section of Gardiner poles has a form of insulation to help prevent/minimise electrical conductivity.

If you take the lower/bottom sections off it could be very dangerous as far as I'm aware as they aren't insulated.

Haven't used the Supermax myself but might be worth checking with Gardiner themselves as you may be able to buy an insulated section that fits on a higher up section of the pole so you can a smaller number of sections and then fit an insulated section onto them, if you see what I mean.

yeah its insulated ive got a 35 only really use the top 4 bits not been struck by lightning or anything yet, but get yourself the rubber end cap that fits the pole number or you will end up mangling the bare end only a couple of quid from Gardiners

Personally think the "insulation"part is overplayed as the current will jump anyway.
Most Gardiner poles will interchange
I caught the electrical cable once on my house nowt happened, I work with an uninsulated base section on a regular basis but just on new build estates with no overhead cables

I caught the electrical cable once on my house nowt happened, I work with an uninsulated base section on a regular basis but just on new build estates with no overhead cables
The lowest cable is an earth cable. If you caught any of the others, you would know about it. A friend of mine is with the electricity board, and he passed on a pair of insulated gloves for me to wear when doing a certain job. They have since replaced that run of individual cables with ABC power lines.

The lowest cable is an earth cable. If you caught any of the others, you would know about it. A friend of mine is with the electricity board, and he passed on a pair of insulated gloves for me to wear when doing a certain job. They have since replaced that run of individual cables with ABC power lines.
Our house was built in 1936 as far as I can tell from the inside of the house it's the original cable, we have always had it covered by the electricity board when we had work done during the renovations, I wouldn't want to be the one to make contact with it with a scaffolding pole ⚡

@Samd223 I think you're right with how you're thinking.

The bottom section of Gardiner poles has a form of insulation to help prevent/minimise electrical conductivity.

If you take the lower/bottom sections off it could be very dangerous as far as I'm aware as they aren't insulated.

Haven't used the Supermax myself but might be worth checking with Gardiner themselves as you may be able to buy an insulated section that fits on a higher up section of the pole so you can a smaller number of sections and then fit an insulated section onto them, if you see what I mean.
Thanks @wgwindows

I am going to get an Gardiner SLX soon; I've wanted one for ages. I think a 22 or a 25 would be about right.

Thanks @wgwindows

I am going to get an Gardiner SLX soon; I've wanted one for ages. I think a 22 or a 25 would be about right.
@Samd223 no worries. I use an 18 foot pole and have an extension which takes it to about 22/23 feet. This is fine for all two storey work and getting over conservatories. If you wanted to reach a third storey (like a town house) you’ll probably need a 25 or 27. If you send an email to Gardiner I’m sure they’ll be happy to advise ?.

@Samd223 no worries. I use an 18 foot pole and have an extension which takes it to about 22/23 feet. This is fine for all two storey work and getting over conservatories. If you wanted to reach a third storey (like a town house) you’ll probably need a 25 or 27. If you send an email to Gardiner I’m sure they’ll be happy to advise ?.
Thanks for you advise.

Latest Posts

Back