Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Google My Business

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Poles Apart

Seriously considering whether it's worth having a website as I can't reply to Google reviews therefore pointless asking customers to leave a review as it's not professional to not reply to them the Google account is verified you can't contact them customer and consumer support is dreadful in this country.

I would always argue that it is well worth having a website but that won't make any difference to being able to reply to reviews on Google.
If you go to your Business Profile, open reviews and click the review you want to respond to and then click reply. If this isn't working try support / community section and then contact Google directly if nothing else helps sort it out.

Not had any issues with this at all, when a customer leaves a review on Google business listing I get an email from Google then can click on reply and leave a response.

What's your set up regarding your website and do you have Google reviews intergated into your website??

Not had any issues with this at all, when a customer leaves a review on Google business listing I get an email from Google then can click on reply and leave a response.

What's your set up regarding your website and do you have Google reviews intergated into your website??
I have a website run by Gav on here.

I would always argue that it is well worth having a website but that won't make any difference to being able to reply to reviews on Google.
If you go to your Business Profile, open reviews and click the review you want to respond to and then click reply. If this isn't working try support / community section and then contact Google directly if nothing else helps sort it out.
Can't even phone them.

Don't you get an email saying you have a review? Can you login to the Googled My Business page to say change your opening hrs? If you can login I would have thought you can reply?

Sure your signed into Google? If you are search your name then go to reviews and you are able to respond that way also.

Hi, can't respond to reviews on Google has anyone else had this only options are to flagg or share whatever that is I'm getting seriously p***** off with this now.

Can you login to your google mybusiness?
Have you 'claimed' your business on google and setup an account?
If you can login can you set your business hours - just to check you are logged in ?

Attachments

• 2023-01-17 (1).png
    2023-01-17 (1).png
    248.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2023-01-17 (2).png
    2023-01-17 (2).png
    244.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 2023-01-17 (3).png
    2023-01-17 (3).png
    234.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 2023-01-17 (4).png
    2023-01-17 (4).png
    259.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 2023-01-17.png
    2023-01-17.png
    278.1 KB · Views: 8

Attachments

• 2023-01-17 (9).png
    2023-01-17 (9).png
    262.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 2023-01-17 (6).png
    2023-01-17 (6).png
    248 KB · Views: 1
  • 2023-01-17 (7).png
    2023-01-17 (7).png
    258.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 2023-01-17 (8).png
    2023-01-17 (8).png
    253.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 2023-01-17 (10).png
    2023-01-17 (10).png
    267.4 KB · Views: 1
Screenshots

Attachments

• 2023-01-17 (11).png
    2023-01-17 (11).png
    255.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 2023-01-17 (12).png
    2023-01-17 (12).png
    235.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 2023-01-17 (13).png
    2023-01-17 (13).png
    246.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 2023-01-17 (14).png
    2023-01-17 (14).png
    307.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 2023-01-17 (15).png
    2023-01-17 (15).png
    242.3 KB · Views: 4
It looks like there are 2 instances of you on Google MyBusiness. 1 with capitalisation and 1 all lower case - I think Google considers them completely seperate!
Looking at the images you have posted (yes you can only post 5 images on here per post) it looks like you are entering your verification code on the wrong business. Make 100% sure that you are trying to claim the business that is written exactly, including capitalisation, as the verification code document says.
Hope that helps?

It looks like there are 2 instances of you on Google MyBusiness. 1 with capitalisation and 1 all lower case - I think Google considers them completely seperate!
Looking at the images you have posted (yes you can only post 5 images on here per post) it looks like you are entering your verification code on the wrong business. Make 100% sure that you are trying to claim the business that is written exactly, including capitalisation, as the verification code document says.
Hope that helps?
The one with upper case has the reviews not the other one.

The one with upper case has the reviews not the other one.
But which one do you have the verification code for? The code is linked to one of the accounts you need to apply it to the correct one.
You need to claim the google MyBusiness listing that has the Upper case and get the verification code for that to be able to reply.

Not sure how there ended up being 2 listings, one with caps, the other without, but as an ideal you need to claim them both then shut down 1 of them. One thing to keep in mind is that for best Google results your business name, address, and contact details must always be exactly the same on everything, i.e. if you have a website, FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube etc all the same spelling and case.

Computers generally see an uppercase word as a completely different word to one all in lower case.

But which one do you have the verification code for? The code is linked to one of the accounts you need to apply it to the correct one.
You need to claim the google MyBusiness listing that has the Upper case and get the verification code for that to be able to reply.

Not sure how there ended up being 2 listings, one with caps, the other without, but as an ideal you need to claim them both then shut down 1 of them. One thing to keep in mind is that for best Google results your business name, address, and contact details must always be exactly the same on everything, i.e. if you have a website, FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube etc all the same spelling and case.

Computers generally see an uppercase word as a completely different word to one all in lower case.
I am out of my depth with this now it's asking me to fill in a form and asking me for my profile name the account is suspended I have no profile name I've been tryibg to fix this for months customer support is zero I am paying £40 per month for a website and I can't ask customers to leave reviews as I can't reply to them.

Latest Posts

Back