Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Google My Business

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I did and Google wouldn’t do anything about it they said it wasn’t racist , or discrimination so weren’t interested it’s been on there for years now ,the annoying thing is it’s a deliberate false review as we have never done work for the guy he also left bad reviews on several other peoples sights but again google would not do anything he called himself bud blood !,,,,,
No I meant challenge the reviewer. I know Google won't do anything about reviews themelves that don't fall within their set criteria but in this case I would respond saying that they have reviewed the wrong company as we have never done any work for you.
If it was someone I had worked for who has unreasonable expectations of some kind I would politely point out what they are.
If they had a valid point I would apologise and try and offer an explanation, i.e. if I was late.

But I suppose my main point is that we don't just have to accept bad reviews when customers are being unreasonable or unrealistic. The customer is not always right

No I meant challenge the reviewer. I know Google won't do anything about reviews themelves that don't fall within their set criteria but in this case I would respond saying that they have reviewed the wrong company as we have never done any work for you.
If it was someone I had worked for who has unreasonable expectations of some kind I would politely point out what they are.
If they had a valid point I would apologise and try and offer an explanation, i.e. if I was late.

But I suppose my main point is that we don't just have to accept bad reviews when customers are being unreasonable or unrealistic. The customer is not always right
I did point out that we haven’t done work for this guy and sent screenshots of his other comments with others but they still won’t do anything about it , very frustrating.

That's the very reason I'm mostly word of mouth now. Still have my local booklet each month which costs £60 a month. You can end up all over the place accepting jobs from the internet which is good when building a round or looking for work.

I did point out that we haven’t done work for this guy and sent screenshots of his other comments with others but they still won’t do anything about it , very frustrating.
Yes it is. Google are a nightmare to try and deal with or actually speak to someone. But by challenging the review what it does is show prospective customers that it's unfounded and they're likely to ignore it, so that's the purpose of politely disputing a negative review.
Just don't drag it out and it's perfectly reasonable to ignore the reviewer if they respond and you feel the point has already been made.
I don't pretend to understand exactly how the algorithm works but it won't be a good thing to have too many negative comments connected to your listing even if they are all from the same person.
Respond and move on would be my advice

Yes it is. Google are a nightmare to try and deal with or actually speak to someone. But by challenging the review what it does is show prospective customers that it's unfounded and they're likely to ignore it, so that's the purpose of politely disputing a negative review.
Just don't drag it out and it's perfectly reasonable to ignore the reviewer if they respond and you feel the point has already been made.
I don't pretend to understand exactly how the algorithm works but it won't be a good thing to have too many negative comments connected to your listing even if they are all from the same person.
Respond and move on would be my advice
I did point out that we hadn’t done any work for him when I replied to his review ,I think most would see his comments for what it was , there is only the one bad review but was still annoyed that google wouldn’t do anything about it

That's the very reason I'm mostly word of mouth now. Still have my local booklet each month which costs £60 a month. You can end up all over the place accepting jobs from the internet which is good when building a round or looking for work.
if your mostly word of mouth why do you pay £60 per month to advertise? How many jobs does that generate? Websites and Google links are great to have but it depends on your business circumstances and what you are trying to achieve.

I did point out that we hadn’t done any work for him when I replied to his review ,I think most would see his comments for what it was , there is only the one bad review but was still annoyed that google wouldn’t do anything about it
They are a nightmare to deal with and it's ironic that they've got various checks in place to prevent fake good reviews but couldn't care less about fake bad reviews - even if it's suspected that a business rival is behind them. Lack of consistency.
Problem is they make the rules and we have to play along

if your mostly word of mouth why do you pay £60 per month to advertise? How many jobs does that generate? Websites and Google links are great to have but it depends on your business circumstances and what you are trying to achieve.
Like to support local companies. I get a new local customer every month through the booklet. The way I see life, the more you give out the more comes back to me.?

Of course the more advertising you do the more potential custom will come back to you. I’ve never advertised but would do if I looked to take on an employee.
Received a call today from a local good area. I cover the area but not got any customers yet. In the end all it takes is one customer and I usually pick up more when folk see me working. ?

That's fine if that window cleaning job is £60+
Probably £15 to £18 but that's every month in a nice area with no problem with parking. Got a new clean today and it involves inside and outside clean. Great old guy at 93 and I have to do it every month for a score a time. For insides I use glass cleaner and cotton clothes, did it today and it will be great because I've got it up to my standard, white PVC door is back to new by giving it a scrub with the pink stuff and then a good rinse with hot pure. ?

Probably £15 to £18 but that's every month in a nice area with no problem with parking. Got a new clean today and it involves inside and outside clean. Great old guy at 93 and I have to do it every month for a score a time. For insides I use glass cleaner and cotton clothes, did it today and it will be great because I've got it up to my standard, white PVC door is back to new by giving it a scrub with the pink stuff and then a good rinse with hot pure. ?
So you spend £60 a month to get a £15 to £18 job not very cost effective way of getting work surely

Back