Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter pricing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Roughly £20/£25 per side...lots of variables though....how far you travelling how full are they.

Doing a neighbours about 10 doors down at some point this week...he has them done every year...they are nice and wide and well looked after and virtually clear so will only charge him £50 for 3 sides....and I bet I'll struggle to make it last an hour plus no travelling plus I can do it when I want he's not bothered.

I use a GutterVac and I wouldn't bother setting up for less than £40 so that is my minimum charge, then I work up from that. If they want it cheaper they can look elsewhere but I find if I tell them about my GutterVac they think they are getting something special and go for it ? but anyway as regards pricing I live in a market town in north East Yorkshire, I start at £40 and in honesty most of my jobs end up being around £40-£60. The highest I had was £150 just for Clearance and I got very lucky as it only took me 2 hrs in the end but that has only happened once lol

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

We're £75 a side to vac, £125 to vac and wash a side. We can always come down that way if the area doesn't suit our standard pricing. Wouldn't even start the van for less than £55 as that's our minimum charge. We average 3 gutter jobs a week using our custom built petrol engine vac machine.

Why o why do people under sell themselves with such cheap prices and then use a ladder !!!!!! Risking there life or serious injury for so little , we use a vac , only occasionally get a ladder out and prices start from £50 for a 3 bed semi that’s 5 meters front and back ,vac out takes a max of 30 mins we don’t have any problem getting work I cannot remember not getting a job we have priced on a domestic property, charge a sensible price and do yourself a favour if people don’t want to pay the price walk away 

Reading you guys comments think I'm one of them under selling myself :(

I don't clear out gutters myself as ladders is not my thing but cleaning soffits, fascia etc happily do them with my trusty pole and been knocking few out recently £50 front and back worst one so far took me little over 2hrs others I have done 1hr ...... is that good ???? Always learning

Reading you guys comments think I'm one of them under selling myself :(

I don't clear out gutters myself as ladders is not my thing but cleaning soffits, fascia etc happily do them with my trusty pole and been knocking few out recently £50 front and back worst one so far took me little over 2hrs others I have done 1hr ...... is that good ???? Always learning

It's whatever you are happy with [emoji3] if you are happy Cleaning £50 in 2 hours and it works for you then keep at it. Someone else wouldn't be happy unless they were cleaning £50 in an hour and that's up to them. I will only do add ons now if I can earn more per hour than the Windows as it's more awkward and harder work so if I don't earn more I may as well stick to Windows. If the customer isn't happy to pay it I walk away. I've had 2 recently knock me back on price, one a 2 bed dormer bungalow wanting dormer front and back, fascias and soffits and conservatory roof all cleaned I said £150 she laughed and said I Guy with a pressure washer quoted £60, I laughed and walked on. The other wanted conservatory roof and porch roof, I quoted £75 for both her reply was I didn't think would be that expensive, again I left it at that. That's just my 2 examples. I think ppl think if you don't get the work you will cry into your pillow at night but for me it's got to be worth the hassle financially.

For a plastic clean on a 3 bed terrace or semi we charge between £60-£70 that includes gutter , facia, soffits , down pipes and all windows approx 5 meters front and back and eves on one end if a semi takes a maximum of one hour 10 mins usually 50 muinets with hot water and virosol 

We're £75 a side to vac, £125 to vac and wash a side. We can always come down that way if the area doesn't suit our standard pricing. Wouldn't even start the van for less than £55 as that's our minimum charge. We average 3 gutter jobs a week using our custom built petrol engine vac machine.

Id be interested to see your petrol vac? I’ve been thinking that’d be just the job for most of my work.

Got knocked back at £40 for front and back on a small semi other day half a mile away....granted it was less than an hours job but some people want it for nothing.

Back