Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

GVS yellow vac hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I bought some of GVS yellow gutter vac hose a couple of weeks ago and today we have been doing some serious vaccing jobs done over 400 meters of box industrial gutters that were about 3-4 inches deep in general silt and leaves we emptied the vac around 20 times , it was an easy clean no tree roots and it was nice and wet so  came out well , I was very impressed with this new hose the dirt didn’t stick or build up in it at all and didn’t have to flush it through with water at all  also it doesn’t kink either , the rotating cuff is also worth it’s weight in gold not used one before but it makes life so much easier especially on the wrists and for arms no more twisting the pole to keep it at the angle you want , for anyone who does a reasonable amount of vaccing @Part Timer it’s well worth the investment for the cuff and 10 meters of hose ( wish I had ordered it slightly longer ??) it was only £110 delivered , positive bargain , so if you are in the market for  new hose I would thoroughly recommend it . The cuff is slightly to big for the skyvac elite poles but a few turns of insulation tape on the base pole and it fits fine . I would just like to add I have no affiliation to GVS and have not had any back handers  to do a favourable review but as there is so much rubbish kit out there think it’s nice to be able to recommend a good product and first class customer service  @Julia Martin

43C77989-5748-41C1-994E-33E2BBCD76E9.jpeg

E8A00727-C22F-432F-9CCF-454C8274E144.jpeg

B85D6FEF-93E3-40F2-8DDD-695B664A0876.jpeg

E5844885-D26D-47C2-8B08-6C7056EC6AC7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you not unscrew the Spinaclean cuff off and screw it on your new hose. Their cuff is probably wider to allow for their thicker walled vac poles.

Not currently in the market for a new hose but will certainly have a look when I am. Currently working with someone developing a new camera and screen that will last all day, will let you know if it works out. They can't believe how much we're being charged for what's currently on the market.

Can you not unscrew the Spinaclean cuff off and scare it on your new hose. Their cuff is probably wider to allow for their thicker walled vac poles.

Not currently in the market for a new hose but will certainly have a look when I am. Currently working with someone developing a new camera and screen that will last all day, will let you know if it works out. They can't believe how much we're being charged for what's currently on the market.
The cameras that are sold for gutter vac are not specced for the job really. A good micro ccd camera, video transmitter, battery and a monitor with built in dvr shouldn't be expensive. I have a few kicking about I use for racing quadcopters. It wouldn't take much to put the components together. It packaging them up that's difficult. 

It will be very interesting to see what you can come up with. 

Can you not unscrew the Spinaclean cuff off and scare it on your new hose. Their cuff is probably wider to allow for their thicker walled vac poles.

Yes it does fit but wanted the rotating cuff to stop the pressure on the wrists , it’s a brilliant thing don’t  know I managed without it already . 

Count me in if it’s any good 

I've got the gas hose, but not yellow, it does get blocked up overtime of use. So the yellow hose sounds good.

I also bought their side entry kit for my vac, but where you screw on cuff, it only has a couple of screw threads for cuff to connect n have worn down with all the muck so it's hard just to get it to hold on at times. I don't do many gutter cleans.

The rotating cuff on the side entry is good. 

I think gvs is a good company n offer good equipment at reasonable prices.

I've got the gas hose, but not yellow, it does get blocked up overtime of use. So the yellow hose sounds good.

I also bought their side entry kit for my vac, but where you screw on cuff, it only has a couple of screw threads for cuff to connect n have worn down with all the muck so it's hard just to get it to hold on at times. I don't do many gutter cleans.

The rotating cuff on the side entry is good. 

I think gvs is a good company n offer good equipment at reasonable prices.
After a gutter clear especially this time of year, vacuum through a bucket of water to flush your poles and hose through (more so on larger gutter runs). This prevents the build of residue inside which not only adds weight but reducers your inner diameter. 
Also with the swivel inlet connector and the inlet, the ends should be kept clean inbetween attaching the hose, if not as you’re taking in a high level of grit through the system you could essentially wear down the thread by sanding the thread down if those parts are not maintained. 

Our new 72mm heavy duty inlets move away from the thread connection.

After a gutter clear especially this time of year, vacuum through a bucket of water to flush your poles and hose through (more so on larger gutter runs). This prevents the build of residue inside which not only adds weight but reducers your inner diameter. 
Also with the swivel inlet connector and the inlet, the ends should be kept clean inbetween attaching the hose, if not as you’re taking in a high level of grit through the system you could essentially wear down the thread by sanding the thread down if those parts are not maintained. 

Our new 72mm heavy duty inlets move away from the thread connection.
Yep, I give the vac hose a bucket of water to drink. I don't do many gutter cleans as its a mucky business n rather not do it, but like to have it to offer the service. 

I probably haven't looked after it when detaching the hose to empty vac n reattaching,  but as I say haven't used it alot. 

Yep, I give the vac hose a bucket of water to drink. I don't do many gutter cleans as its a mucky business n rather not do it, but like to have it to offer the service. 

I probably haven't looked after it when detaching the hose to empty vac n reattaching,  but as I say haven't used it alot. 
Email me through your details to [email protected] I’m currently out of office (covid has got me) but I’ll see that you have a replacement swivel connector sent out under warranty in the week by the guys. 

Latest Posts

Back