Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Recommendations for a cheap vac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ime trying to help a friend out who is starting out adding gutter vaccing to his window round money is very tight what would you recommend I am giving him some alloy poles and some hose I have along with end tools just not sure what cheap vac to recommend he only has a small van so a 70 ltr drum might be a bit big , also any recommendation's for a side entry port that doesn’t cost a fortune. , thanks in advance

You can buy a maxblast 3 motor gutter vacuum for around £300 off eBay etc, then buy the necessary parts from GVS to convert it to a side entry port!

I have seen people use a Titan wet and dry vac from screwfix - 2 year guarantee ;) £95 for a 40 lts 1500 watt machine. He/you will need to sort connection to drum out. Should do to start with.

I have seen people use a Titan wet and dry vac from screwfix - 2 year guarantee ;) £95 for a 40 lts 1500 watt machine. He/you will need to sort connection to drum out. Should do to start with.
I got one for smaller jobs where I don’t need the big one
It stopped working after a year but screwfix swapped it over the counter with a new 2 year guarantee
Just don’t tell em what it was used for

Side entry I used

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It stopped working after a year but screwfix swapped it over the counter with a new 2 year guarantee

Side entry I used
Thanks Dave , how do you find that side inlet it’s very cheap ? Something like this would be ideal for him until he can afford to upgrade ?

It does make a difference to the lumps causing blockages but can be used as is to earn enough to get a decent one
The inlet that comes on it will take a 51mm silicone adapter just pushing it on but you have to cut the little plastic bump off it that the standard hose clips onto but easy with a Stanley knife
The standard hose is a bit small though, 38mm I think and blocks too easily with lumps of leaves
To be honest with the side entry I’ve done some jobs that you would think would need the big boy but got the lumps of turf out with it rather than go home to get the big un as the small one lives in the van
One of these will do the job to connect hose

Last edited:
It does make a difference to the lumps causing blockages but can be used as is to earn enough to get a decent one
The inlet that comes on it will take a 51mm silicone adapter just pushing it on but you have to cut the little plastic bump off it that the standard hose clips onto but easy with a Stanley knife
The standard hose is a bit small though, 38mm I think and blocks too easily with lumps of leaves
To be honest with the side entry I’ve done some jobs that you would think would need the big boy but got the lumps of turf out with it rather than go home to get the big un as the small one lives in the van
One of these will do the job to connect hose
Thanks you are a star ?

Side entry I used

I got one of these a couple of years ago of Amazon to go with some water genie vac poles I got with a van. I keep meaning to get a side entry kit and bigger diameter hose for it so cheers @Dave B I'll look at that one you've posted. ?

I’ve got the 30 litre and the smaller version. I’ve even used the smaller one for a gutter job for a client and for cleaning no end of **** from a narrowboat fit out I’m working on. Oily sludge, filth, mud, rust. All sorts. They’re pretty unstoppable. I did manage to break my previous one when I was sanding some timber with headphones on and didn’t notice that the filter was blocked with fine dust and the motor was merrily melting itself. They changed it no question. ?

Back