Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

anyone using this filter for ro

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Barney

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/water-treatment/sediment-carbon-filters/fibredyne-cfb-plus-sediment-carbon-pre-filter-10.html

Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone uses these filters in there ro setup. I have a 450gpd ro with two filters. (sediment and carbon).

If you use one of these do you leave one container emtpy or do you still use it with a sediment filter.

Personlly I'm thinking of getting one and still use a sediment filter as well ( I know it says they replace both)

I do.

I have 20" prefilters. I still use the first filter as a sediment filter and then the Fiberdyne Carbon block filter goes into the second housing.

Our water is laden with sediment and we can go through 3 sediment filters for each Fiberdyne filter replacement. Sediment prefilters are cheaper than Fiberdyne filters. If your water is better than ours, then you can fit the Fiberdyne filter first and leave the second prefilter bowl empty.

I have chosen these as they last much longer than standad carbon block filters. A 20" unit will process 78,000 liters (10" are around half that) so with my 4040 set on a 50/50 pure to waste ratio we get about 38,000 liters of pure, about 3 months worth of water. Sediment filters get changed when the pressure between inlet and prefilter outlet differs by around 10 psi. We can also see the state of the sediment filter because its in a clear bowl.

Thanks spruce. I live in hard water area. I recon I will use one of these with a sediment filter as first filter.
Thanks
The sediment filter is just that, a filter to remove sediment or silt from the water. Water hardness is the result of the quantity of dissolved solids in the water at any given time. Those will all pass through the sediment filter as they will be smaller than 5 microns in size.

Within a month, the sediment filter in our 4040 is full of red sediment which is very slimy. It's scary to look at what comes out of an apparently clean, clear glass of water.

In our case, we would probably have to replace the Fiberdyne prefilter once a month if we were using it as a prefilter as well. As I noted earlier, a 20" £7 sediment filter is cheaper to replace than a £32 Fiberdyne.

Just by looking at your sediment filter you will be able to make the judgement whether to retain it or not. Personally, I would always have one to protect the system. You never know when the water board has to repair a water pipe and introduce lots of mud into the water which does take time to clear.

If I see a water main repair going on I will switch my r/o off until I check the quality of the water in the pipes. I do this by running cold water into the bath.

Sediment laden water is not a new to us. Having grown up in Africa, often the only water available was from a borehole, and as Doug Atkinson will tell you, you aren't always guaranteed what you get from that.

Latest Posts

Back