Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

When Was The Last Time!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Reach For The Glass

Hi guys.

Just curious as to when tge last time someone knocked on your door and asked if you wanted a window cleaner.

I have lived in my house for 12 years and in 12 years i have had 1 guy knock and i used him 3 times until he tried to ask for payment one evening claiming he'd cleaned them that day. There was dry bird poo on the windows still so outed him.

Also asks the question sometimes why is it so difficult to get work.

So when was the last time your house was canvassed.?

last June, known as a junky and a rotten piece of work, so I asked for a quote. Loads of neighbours outside, all watching what was happening (although they not on my books, if they want them done I do them, keeps them sweet if I ever need a favour). He said £2 (£5 front easy) so I said "O.K, you can do them as soon as I see proof of insurance, proof or registration with HMRC, RAMS and a COSHH sheet for whatever you use in the bucket". Never seen a bloke run for it so fast! All neighbour laughing at what had happened. Don't think he knocked a door again! Best thing was he had a food bin for a bucket, b&q set of tools and no ladder!! Never had a legit windy knock the door though

Once a couple years ago a couple of lads must have been 16-17yrs old. There's was a group of them knocking. Can only assume someone was paying them.

But it's a good point, that's only the second time ever in my life I can recall it happening. Plenty of windys about in my street as well.

Once about 15 years ago and i said Yes.

He did a good job as well.

Eventually my wife had the front garden overhauled - shrubs, plants, box hedging and she didn't want him stepping all over the place and damaging stuff so had to tell him to leave it.

Now it's my job.... When I can be bothered..

Had a couple of cards dropped in the last year or so.... So seems that's how most try to increase rounds

Sent from my CUBOT DINOSAUR using Tapatalk

Back