Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello, newbie here.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Peter1975

Hi,
Firstly, thanks for letting me join.
I am looking to change work, and at the age of 47 and after a life in sales, I had been looking at franchises. Randomly I woke up and thought, I enjoy driving, chatting, being outdoors. Windows! So, here I am thinking this may be a good change and a chance to build a reasonable income without shelling out to a franchise holder. I will read the posts to try and build an idea of how to start rather than ask a question that has already been answered, but I wanted to say hi, and look forward to getting to know some of you.
Cheers,
Peter

Sounds like you are taking the sensible route and reading here for info. I started reading everything on here in June 2020. I made notes lots, of notes and grouped them in sections, like poles and brushes, backpacks, Pure water production, gaining customers, marketing, insurance etc..... That way I could go over each sections and better understand peoples points of view/experience and get a better idea.
After 12 months of reading (mainly here) and watching YouTube I was ready to start!!! OK so Covid did delay me starting (long story). I started in June 21 with backpack in my car. In Jan 22 I bought a van (with tank and filters etc) and it's been going well. Most of the decisions we made seem to be the right ones - a lot of which was due to the research.

Welcome to the forum, the search box (top right) is very useful but don't be scared to ask, be respectful and saying thanks goes a long way.
Good luck.

Latest Posts

Back