Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help bring back WCF

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Forget the others. If they've gone they've gone. They have there reasons but I really don't think it's to do with color or themes. As norm said it up to us to keep it going. Things change & you can't keep relying on the oldens. It's up to us. Gav don't change things just to get them back.do it because you think it would work better.

I'll tell you what I miss, rep points! Loved ranking them up.

I don't get the trophy points. I get the likes, but you only see how many people have got when you click on them. The rep points next to the persons name on a thread was a good idea as it encouraged you / others to post quality replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not being funny but I went on to CIU 3 days ago put 2 topics up and not one answer considering the amount people on there! So I won't be going on there again WCF is the one

I preferred the old layout myself but happy to come back and help.

I found there we're a couple of people who we're rocking the boat but in general found the site brilliant,very helpful and a good laugh.

On a personal note I've been so busy with work,family and football that I don't really have the time but having read gavs reply felt a need to return.

Let's start by keeping the wcf going for many years as still need help myself.

What I don't get on this website is, if you for instance go to the main menu and click on cleaning chat, you then get 3 options....1 WFP...2 Trad.....3 other chat...which is fine, but, then under these menus there are posts on different cleaning subjects. Now, I have completely missed these posts as they seem to be in limbo. I didn't know until yesterday they were there.

Wouldn't it be better if posting there didn't exist and you posted in the relevant category, maybe.

What I don't get on this website is, if you for instance go to the main menu and click on cleaning chat, you then get 3 options....1 WFP...2 Trad.....3 other chat...which is fine, but, then under these menus there are posts on different cleaning subjects. Now, I have completely missed these posts as they seem to be in limbo. I didn't know until yesterday they were there.Wouldn't it be better if posting there didn't exist and you posted in the relevant category, maybe.

I do see your point but those posts are basically none window cleaning so other cleaning services generally. We did have separate areas but we are predominantly a window cleaning forum and didn't want to start branching in to CIU territory unless there was a massive demand. When it was dedicated areas for different types of cleaning because they were not used often it gives the impression that posts would not be responded to etc.

Just as a side note @jimmyboots i have looked at that section today and do see your point, sadly i think i made a few mistakes when changing things about and am not afraid to admit it. I am currently testing the new theme and can say it is 100% better than the current one. It is cleaner and just much easier on the eye. I have been looking at the forum sections you mentioned and i think what i will do is pull those three (wfp, trad and other cleaning) out of cleaning chat and have them back as main sections again. I am looking at a new image gallery plugin which i hope to add which will replace the current video and photo section of the forum. I am also looking at resources ad on which will enable to upload resources for others to download, access or buy. That would possibly replace the current buying and selling area. This is all just thoughts at the mo and the ad ons wont happen over night as they all cost in total around £100 which i just don't have at the mo. Anyway just wanted to let you know i am thinking about your thoughts on the forum sections.

We could have a whip round and send Gav donations via PayPal. I know my football team are in dire straits ATM and the fans had a whip round to get a massive protest flag made.

Latest Posts

Back