Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help me spec a homemade wfp set up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

if he h

That's low tds where are you Simon? Advantages over twin Di vessels? Should I invest in two?
yes definately get 2, i don't know what your unger 1 is but with your tap tds you could get 2 di built into your van or like me have them at home & fill with pure, i have berlingo with a 750 payload & it takes all my gear a full tank & me & my son & we're both over 6ft & it still flies, if i had a bigger van dispatch/partner i'd have my di in the van so i could top up at jobs. with twin di i use about 600 ltrs a day & buy resin about every 4 months

Okay,I'm not sure what direction to go here. There's a kit on eBay, item number..282050600052 any thoughts on this?

Or am I better making my own up?

I like the look of the pure freedom set-ups, look well put together, fairly no-frills, and seem to be a reasonable price... I think that although systems can be put together diy, it can turn into a bit of a headache of you are inexperienced... And for the piece of mind in terms of reliability and safety... I'd have a system installed...

i got a tank, got a mate to fit my hose reel & got a pump box £300 so all i had to do was join the outlets up with hoselock & hose pipe so not completely diy but dead good system & a hell of a lot cheaper than a pro fitted one

Chris i have never been in a position to spend ££££ on a

' professional ' system

But I have used them odd day

Does exactly same job as mine

If you really want to spend your cash get couple of nice poles

A pump , controller and reel is all there is to it mate ( for you as your DI )

Paint van floor

and ratchet strap a tank in

Cheers window surfer aye dougs a nice guy,been up there for my tds metre and a few other bits and bobs. Daqua is literally on my door step, so I'll have a chat with him.

Those gripa tank systems ain't cheap eh,but the starter soft water kit interests me on the site..if a 500 litre instead of 400 litre tank can be fitted. Thanks

i got my last tank from daqua & doug put an extra outlet in it for me so i could use it as a fast fill for my backpack

if you need any real help give us a shout I run 5 home made van set ups you can make a real good set up for pennys and no need to spend a lot of cash if you local I will let you have a look at mind

I bought a 1000lt ibc from dv containers for £100, a 450gpd ro system form collins water products for about £170 with extra tubing and a float valve thrown in, and a booster pump ( aquatec 8800, because it can be left on ) from window cleaning warehouse for £107.

I got a Clarke SPE1200SS for £95, which is an external pump for transfering the water.

My whole set up is brilliant.

I did it myself and it was very easy, Collins were brilliant, very helpful ( I rang them quite a few times for advice).

The booster pump is essential for better water ratios, I get better than 1 good to 1 bad which is excellent.

If you want I'll post a photo?

Anything else just ask.

ps I got a aquatec shut off valve for about £30 from America, so when the float valve shuts off the water the booster pump shuts off as well.

In my partner I've got a 400 lt tank, pump, controller, resin vessel and two reels, fitted myself very easy, absolutely brilliant!!!

Trevor that would be great if you could send a few pics?

What do you mean better than one good one re booster pump?

with your tds being that low mines (398-421) theres no need to rush out and buy a 40/40 double di will do for now , your will get around 2/3 mouths out of one 11l pot as you wont be making that much water if just starting out wfp

my tds is 300+ if I run an RO system without a mains booster pump I get 1lt pure water and 3 lts goes to waste, with a booster pump I get 1 lt pure to 1 lt waste, so for me spending £80 on a booster pump is essential, with your tds being so low I would use the same set up I've got in my van but just fill the tank with tap water, the resin vessel will do the job on it's own. If the resin doesn't last long ( which it should) you can then get a garage or garden RO storage system.

View attachment 7887

View attachment 7888

View attachment 7889

so simple yet brilliant!!!. here's my old trailer system, big improvement!!

View attachment 7890

In my old trailer I had the tap water running through one vessel into the tank, then from the tank pumped through the second vessel, my TDS is 330 and it worked fine, very basic and cheap to set up, just got a bit pricey using so much resin because of my high TDS. look at the picture, I had the trailer for 15 years only just got rid of it and got the van.

like I said if the resin doesn't last long you can then look at getting an RO system, that way your initial outlay wouldn't be wasted, win win situation!

Back