Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help needed with price

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thing with this is the cheaper one weighs 60-70kg now one day like this is fine but 9 hours 5 day weekly be a bit of a killer plus I plan toDo my normal rounds before I start this soay be too much for just little me.

I am a little taller than 4feet though lmao
Do you mean 6-7kg? Because there's no way anyone could clean with a 60kg pole !

It seems like you may be best letting this one slide mate...

Unless you can get the money for the pole, it seems like it might not be possible, you can try doing it off a picker, but it will be a hassle and slow as anything, plus you'll have to factor in at least £100 a day for the cherry picker...

hope you get it and it all goes well and dont forget to keep us informed.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I think....you still have to prove you can do the first block at the right price before he will ask you to do more....

headphones on off you go....:cool: and of course....not on a windy day...:rofl:

If he's got 40 blocks to be cleaned surly he will be getting more then one quote ...... And like you said he likes your cleaning why can't you just quote all 40 then you can buy your pole
Thats my personal opinion though[/quote

It is a little complex but the 40 blocks are owned by several little companies each with their own directors (not 40 but they look after a few each) there is one firm doing the cleaning for all at the mo but they had a few complaints and they are looking to change, the first 8 blocks are two directors and in sense are being used as the gunnie pigs which is why I can't quote for all 40

Whatever you do price it on the high side. Nothing worse than wrongly pricing a job and regretting it Everytime you have do it and end up not making what you should. Makes you feel like you don't even want it at all...... Especially if you got a load more to do

Lot easier to give a price drop after the jobs done than ask for more money :-/

Good luck and hope everything works out all good for you /emoticons/smile.png

Hi

Read this thread and have to say from experience working at that height with a pole for that ammount of windows is going to be near impossible graft. Use the cherry picker as the driver will control it for you either from cabin or basket. You will need 2 men in using traditional tools and whizzing round top 2-3 floors quick as completing all blocks in one day this way leaving you the lower remaining floors 2 pole. Even at this height the lower floors are painstaking work constant so do some of your normal graft in between these to give you a rest. If you can't get any one to help in cherry picker you may need to hire it a second day use this to clarify you will be carrying out all the work and can garunteee quality safety value for money. I would not quote any less than £1600 for this job. You may get some large company quote 3 to 4 hundred less but specify to them you only get what you pay for quality wise. You will take there head ache away and it will be your headache instead so you need money to buy painkillers.

Using a pole above 3 stories on any frequency longer than monthly requires hot water and double the ammount of scrubbing glass time and double the ammount of water.

Hope I helped you in some way.

i once looked at this https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.612761,-5.956911,3a,75y,285.74h,100.8t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1ssPKEbaLz0LfRmxtQ9_Ft4Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

them windows are 5 floors and access from ground for top 2 floors is hard i do one on first floor and 2 on 2nd and 1 on 3rd 5 windows per apartment = 18 quid each

takes about 20 mins per apartment the comittee that looks after there yearly cleaning asked me to quote the whole building start of april and i asked who does it at the min they told me i know the guy i talked to him and he said he only quoted it i looked up poles big enpugh and ioncs has a 72ft pole but u cannot get the pressure on the window to take the dirt of them size of poles i say wud only be gd for doing glas side by side ie shopping malls etc not household

cherrypicker be hard as working of on with a pole u cant move about etc

i thought about rope acess as its a flat roof but ur talking big ££££ quote back to ur quote i think do some digging see whos cleaned them before u

I say go for it! At least from a learning and experience point of view it'll be worth it. Whether it goes great or is hard work, at least you'll know for yourself. If your just starting up then you'll have the extra time if it turns out to take longer than expected. It could turn out to be a nice earner and good for your portfolio.

Ask to do the bottom three floors first, then see how long the average of each of those floors take you to do and double that time to see how long to hire cherry picker for. Well that's what I would do anyway - but bear in mind I have zero experience on blocks of flats or using cherry pickers. Good luck :thumbsup:

Hi all, for those that are interested I got this job, cleaned 2 of the 12 group of blocks that are their, did from a cherry, really enjoyed as never worked like that but was fun!

But more graft than usual as with res rounds u don't realise the breaks In-between windows this is constant, want me to quote the rest now so really happy days!!!

Just wanna say thanks to all for advise I did listen and appreciate the help :thumbsup:

Thanks Jake yeah it was not got a great head for heights but was fine after first hour lol

Well done mate, awesome that you've got more to quote!

And it's all good experience and one for the 'portfolio' /emoticons/wink.png

Latest Posts

Back