Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose length - how much do you actually use from 100m reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Iurie

Hello everyone 

I know most of us have a standard 100m reel  fitted  but  how often do you actually need that length ? 

Im downsizing to a small van  and trying keep it as light as possible  - do you think is worth cutting the hose to save about 5-6kg ?    Most of my jobs are under 50m and very few upt to 80m  which i can still do them by moving my van 

what do you think  ?  

We use 100 m quite a bit ,but I do accept many could get away with a fair bit less , you know your round use what you need . Another tip is to change the hose round when it starts wearing so the worn bit is on the centre of the reel and the unused bit is what you are using makes the hose last twise  as long 

We use 100 m quite a bit ,but I do accept many could get away with a fair bit less , you know your round use what you need . Another tip is to change the hose round when it starts wearing so the worn bit is on the centre of the reel and the unused bit is what you are using makes the hose last twise  as long 

done that few years ago - I think mine is on the last leg but still ok for now 

Hello everyone 

I know most of us have a standard 100m reel  fitted  but  how often do you actually need that length ? 

Im downsizing to a small van  and trying keep it as light as possible  - do you think is worth cutting the hose to save about 5-6kg ?    Most of my jobs are under 50m and very few upt to 80m  which i can still do them by moving my van 

what do you think  ?  
I love having 100 metres. It saves me time as where to park is simplified I.e. I have more options. Dont need to worry about trying to get close, asking customer to move cars etc. But if I didn’t have electric reels I might feel differently about it.  

My pressure washing van is a bipper and I have a 50m hose in that on my van mount as I do residential.. even my commercials are flats.

I have a 30m extension hung up in the van for emergencies but would use that about once or twice a week if parking is bad.

Cutting off 20 metres or so of main hose ain't going to reduce that much weight, there will always be a day when you need 100m even if it's just once a month or less always better to have it than not. 

Some on the houses I clean I 100m only just covers one side, we pull out 100m each side I do thefronts and son cleans the backs. 

Thanks for your thoughts  - i ll keep  the hose is it is then ,  as Iron Giant mentioned - is not gonna make a difference anyway 

probably putting less fuel in will help - 25L instead of 50 

cheers

Back