Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Text/ email template for late payers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HALTON

Hi guys

Did two first cleans today only back to backs 5 windows on each.

I usually collect payment but am wanting to get away from this so thought I would try these two new ones to pay online.

No one was home so I cleaned them as agreed and left a note stating payment options which are on my website.

They were told this when I quoted.

Any way I put payment within 5 days to make your payment please visit my site/payments.

I thought they might of paid tonight as they were very keen when the rang for then to be cleaned.

Any way no payment yet so was wondering if any of you have a template for none payers after the 5 days is up.

Appreciated as like I say first time trying to get payment online so don't have to collect any more ( will they pay)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Send the a text reminding them, with the summer hols if theyve got kids its easy to forget, i alway get 1st cleans to pay on day then online after, that way if they mess about its less money lost

My text is

"Hiya

Your windows were cleaned on the xx/xx/xx

I have no record of any payment

If you have paid please let me know the date so i can trace it for my records

Regards

Dave "

Seems to give them a kick up the arris but politely

Mine goes " hi ive just checked my accounts and it appears that your payment has not been recieved. If you have paid please can you send me when you transferred it so i can check. Otherwise please can you arrange payment within the next 2 days. Sorry for any inconvenience caused, many thanks, mike". If they have sent it i apologise, if not then theyll see it as a friendly reminder. After the 2 days they get a firmer text

Has to send a final damand there today,says..

Dear xx,

After various text exchange between yourself and I,payment of x had been promised on numerous occasions. This payment has now been due for five weeks and if it is not made within five working days; legal action will be taken.

I have made three commutes to pick up said sum,and to this end an administration fee of 10 pound will be added prior to small claim court action (to cover fuel and wasted time).

If this case is successful at the point of small claim action you would be responsible for paying a total of over 50 pounds.

Below are the ways you can Mae payment.

This is generally what I fired off,but they have messed me about on three collections now. This being the worst,and I no longer want them on the round but I'll chase that cash chaps.

Like it straight to the point without been forcefulWhat's your firmer one ?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app
"Hi, i still havent recieved the xx owed for your windows from xx/xx/xx into acc no xxxxxxxx sort code xx-xx-xx i will be round to collect the money in person + a £5 charge unless the money has been recieved within 7 days. Following this, if payment hasnt been recieved there will be an additional charge of £25 and will be forwarded to the county court. If you are having difficulty paying please call me to come to an arrangement"

If they have a genuine reason ill give them a bit of leeway, im not a monster. Only sent this message about half a dozen times and got as far as collecting in person once.

I simply remind them a few times then the find text would mention small claims letter. Then they get a small claims letter and are dumped. If they get to the letter stage and pay there's no way they are staying on the round.

Luckily so far I have never had to send out more than a 1st reminder which I do after 7 days of non payment. I give them this long as a few I know work away during week etc so give them a fair chance. I try amd keep it friendly but to poiny. Here's one i sent

Hi its Chris the window cleaner your property was cleaned on 12/10/2017 costing £15. I would be grateful if payment could be made at your earliest convenience or if better for you please let me know you would like me to collect cash so a time can be arranged to avoid wasted journeys. All the best Chris

i always give them a A4 sheet after the first clean with the TOS to my business, it states clearly payment rules etc. and if its late ill charge £1 per day for late payments. that way they cant say " you cant charge me xx" it states on the TOS by letting the clean commence you agree to the TOS.

To be fair if you need someone else to come up with a text template for this there is a problem.

Hi. send us my brass, cheers adam

Back