Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water recommendation.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Windowcleaner88

Hello all,

This is my first post and I’m sure this question has been asked a hundred times so my apologies, but I’m thinking of maybe upgrading my pure freedom 800lt RO van mounted system to a hot water system can anyone tell which is the best one on the market or are they all pretty much the same on performance, price etc ?
Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

This is my first post and I’m sure this question has been asked a hundred times so my apologies, but I’m thinking of maybe upgrading my pure freedom 800lt RO van mounted system to a hot water system can anyone tell which is the best one on the market or are they all pretty much the same on performance, price etc ?
Thanks in advance.
If you have a pure freedom system I would give them a ring

Although I think alot of the youtube channels are laughable, there is one guy I've watched a few videos of, he's probably wasted as a window cleaner tbh as he seems quite talented. He puts an immersion heater into his tank at a cost of £50 odd quid and it seems to work.

I've done gas and immersion versions

Immersion is the best as it takes around 7 hours to heat up 300 litres to my set temp.

And you can pick and choose when you want hot without splashing out thousands on a fuel driven boiler that will need servicing each year

I've done gas and immersion versions

Immersion is the best as it takes around 7 hours to heat up 300 litres to my set temp.

And you can pick and choose when you want hot without splashing out thousands on a fuel driven boiler that will need servicing each year
Diesel boilers don’t need servicing every year , mine was 6 years old and had done over 12,000 hours run time before it went wrong and needed fixing there is nothing to service they either work or they don’t is what the local Wabasto dealers told me

Although I think alot of the youtube channels are laughable, there is one guy I've watched a few videos of, he's probably wasted as a window cleaner tbh as he seems quite talented. He puts an immersion heater into his tank at a cost of £50 odd quid and it seems to work.
Yeah I’ve seen that too, not bad for 50 ish quid but I’ll be looking for a professional fitted system as I’ve heard the immersion heater set ups can be pretty dangerous ?

This idea has been around for years ?

Yeah I’ve seen that too, not bad for 50 ish quid but I’ll be looking for a professional fitted system as I’ve heard the immersion heater set ups can be pretty dangerous ?
They aren't dangerous in my opinion as long as you use a 2kw immersion heater wired into an RCD plug and good quality extension cable.
3kw immersion heater without the correct amp fused plug and extension cable is definitely worth worrying about.

I would go for gas anyday and have for yrs now. Needs no servicing, and i can,t see the point of heating a bunch of water that i may or may not use, wasting power. But its just my point of view…

Back