Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I can see the advantage of hot for coastal, first cleans etc but for the people who work in towns on regular 4/8 weekly. Just not needed. I work purely rural and my work is never dirty to be honest. Dirty on the insides more than the outside. Loads of clients with big picture windows to take advantage of the views but no way can they maintain them themselves.
At the end of the day there’s no right or wrong. It’s each to their own. Whatever works best for each individual. I had a ‘professionally’ fitted system 18 years ago but every van I’ve done since I’ve cobbled together my own kit. Works for me

I'd hate to use cold water in the winter months!each to their own!

Hot water all year round for me on all but the hottest days in summer when it's too hot to hold the hose!?

I'd hate to use cold water in the winter months!each to their own!

Hot water all year round for me on all but the hottest days in summer when it's too hot to hold the hose!?
As I said each to their own. If that works for you great. I don’t ‘need’ a shiny new van but I ‘wanted’ one so I got one. I’m still using it to help me clean **** off glass!!!

I use hot water most of the time and like a challenge like the con roof it’s great when you have finished and stand back and give yourself a well done .Roofs like that one you charge accordingly and explain why it is costing so much and when the customer sees the results they are over the moon and I get a lot of recommendations through it .Yes hard work but golden rewards which is what you want

i use hot water too and for me its a no brainer im on coast so lots of seagul pooop and also lots of fly and pollen poop them yellow blobs on everything from bees that wont shift with cold or any brushes or tfrs ect hot just melts it off i worm on 2 monthly tho on most jobs hoses stay nice and soft poles warm up witch is nice faster cleaning and a better clean also some rubbers that play up with cold dont with hot !! so hot all the way for me

I have turned the thermostat down on my immersion heater to 50degree was a lot higher keeps the van freezing and hose warm and supple on the coldest of days makes no difference to my cleaning whether thermostat was turned up full or cold. I just have normal maintenance cleans not interested in filthy warehouse with cladding for example ?

All to their own. When the customer sees steam coming from their window when brushing they usually comment. Good when explaining a new clean and why I charge the way I do. Its handy to have but as everyone says not essential.
They are a big company and run with Hot Pure Water and are expanding so it works for them.

All to their own. When the customer sees steam coming from their window when brushing they usually comment. Good when explaining a new clean and why I charge the way I do. Its handy to have but as everyone says not essential.
They are a big company and run with Hot Pure Water and are expanding so it works for them.
Hot water won't make a blind bit of difference to them gaining customers it's about being methodical when cleaning and as for their eco-friendly statement :ROFLMAO:

You don't have to pay 3 grand plus mines is immersion heater use it only on the days where the temps drop below minus 2 same as Den I've turned mine down I also use a 24 timer and it goes on and off during the night heats van stop water freezing
Another thing I use is a freezer bag that fits over my reel which helps with the frost

you guys, the second a hot water post comes up and your all over it, hot waters fine but, its not the be all and end all new fangled game changer some make it.
for me, it helps with some jobs as in being dirty but, for the most when its cold i pop the hot on just to make life easier for me.
i do have to agree that using hot will clean quicker not better(probably shooting myself in the foot in saying that) but quicker but is it worth the cost? for me yes.
for some it may be a cost that they can't see to justify which is fair enough,

you guys, the second a hot water post comes up and your all over it, hot waters fine but, its not the be all and end all new fangled game changer some make it.
for me, it helps with some jobs as in being dirty but, for the most when its cold i pop the hot on just to make life easier for me.
i do have to agree that using hot will clean quicker not better(probably shooting myself in the foot in saying that) but quicker but is it worth the cost? for me yes.
for some it may be a cost that they can't see to justify which is fair enough,
Very good post ?.

This is why I try to not get involved with the hot water threads. Some of those who have it have to mention it every time they post and thinks it gives them an air of supremacy.
Only us gingers can talk about being supreme to others ???‍??

i would say its defo better clean i would love to go head to head on a few roads i clean that are coverd in bee pollen cold just dont shift it so hot better clean on areas like that but in areas were its just dirt you will get the same finish not wishing to be arguementative ?

i would say its defo better clean i would love to go head to head on a few roads i clean that are coverd in bee pollen cold just dont shift it so hot better clean on areas like that but in areas were its just dirt you will get the same finish not wishing to be arguementative ?
You ever tried the Gardiner superscraper take bee pollen really easy.

You ever tried the Gardiner superscraper take bee pollen really easy.
Yes I have and it takes blady ages to get them off when you have 8 + blobs per pain of glass you will see ? I almost gave one road up before going hot as it was taking to long and wasting too much water scrubbing the dam things o tried so many brushes as well ?

When I ran with cold I wore my brushes out alot quicker. ?

Yes I have and it takes blady ages to get them off when you have 8 + blobs per pain of glass you will see ? I almost gave one road up before going hot as it was taking to long and wasting too much water scrubbing the dam things o tried so many brushes as well ?
I work lots of rural villages insect bee deposits everywhere and don’t have a problem with the scraper ? the one thing I do like about hot water is snail trails are easily to remove, everything else makes no big difference in my case.

Back