Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many leaflets do you post a month?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@Doddy111 well that's gone exactly as I thought it would. Neighbour finally finished the remainder of the leaflets today, she said she hated it and didn't want to do any more ever again :( She said it took 4 hours in total for the 2 of them, that was spaced out over 3 days (their choice). Her daughter is in her early 20's btw, not a child or teenager.

I can accept that people are not self motivated to do this type of work but I am almost certain that if I left 15p on every letter box house after house and said to someone all you have to do is go and collect them... well they'd do it all day long. I just don't understand why it's so hard to get people to do it, especially when they're so keen and enthusiastic before starting it. Really baffles me.

Anyway, with the amount of time I've spent organising it all... it's just the same old saying, if you want something doing and doing right you have to do it yourself. Very frustrating but I guess I'll have to do everything myself.
Just stick your headphones on, listen to some tunes and watch out for the annoying AF dogs who go mental when something comes through the letterbox.

Generally the return on the leaflets for me is at least £1 per leaflet delivered. That return is made up of the full years takings for the customers. So 1,000 leaflets would return £1,000 extra income over the full year. It can be a lot more depending on the one offs like conservatory roof cleans, gutters clears etc. But as a rule of thumb, 1,000 will deliver at least £1,000 in extra work and much of that is immediate. There is then the knock on work from the customers you get from the leaflets, so you end up getting the neighbours house via the recommendation.

Recently I got Royal Mail to deliver 3,600, I got 3 phone calls. This is terrible and leads me to believe they were not done. The worst I've ever had is 1 call out of 600 when I've posted them out. However those 3 phone calls got me over £400 of immediate work and increased my monthly turnover by £45, so another £500+ per year assuming I don't lose them. So even a bad result has covered all the costs and increased my turnover with pretty much zero effort on my part.

You're approach to how you do it is the key thing and I am starting to think that if you deliver them yourself that's what the key is. When people see yourself delivering them I have a feeling they respect you more for doing it yourself rather than getting the wife, kids, stranger, royal mail to do it.

After having the royal mail deliver all of them, I delivered 50 on my own, got one call and got the job which was £250 per year, then tapped on 10 houses around that house and said I'd just been to quote that house, 1 agreed to the same terms and I got it at the same price £250 per year. So £500 per year from 50 leaflets dropped.

Leaflets definitely work, but you have to think about your approach and constantly monitor and tweak them.

I've found my leaflet customers more reliable than canvassed customers. They tend to be better customers, more serious and are definitely more inclined to ring you up about the extra services you offer.

I've got someone who will be delivering my leaflets starting in the coming weeks, I'm giving them a 3 month trial doing 600 to 800 per week. I'm not expecting miracles but I'd expect to get 5 to 6 calls per week resulting in around about £800+ of extra work per month immediate work and that would work out about an extra £150 to £200 per month ongoing work, hopefully a lot more but that's what I'm expecting minimum. If it works out then I have good plans for the winter and will keep them on maybe giving them more responsibility to manage it all themselves while I crack on with doing the work.
You don't want your flyers being delevered as just 1 in a stack of other flyers for other businesses. I imagine they generally get binned together.
Delivered on its own it's got more chance of being noticed.

You don't want your flyers being delevered as just 1 in a stack of other flyers for other businesses. I imagine they generally get binned together.
Delivered on its own it's got more chance of being noticed.
I think there is a lot more to it, I've done them for years but I've slowed down as I've got busier. Undoubtedly there is a better response when you deliver them on their own, but time of day, day of the week effects it as well as the weather. One thing I've noticed though that seems to stand out, I get a better response if I do them myself on my own. I have a feeling that when the customer see's the actual guy that's going to clean the windows delivering the leaflet, well it looks good and prompts them to respond. That's my thoughts on it anyway, it's hard to say but it would make sense.

I think there is a lot more to it, I've done them for years but I've slowed down as I've got busier. Undoubtedly there is a better response when you deliver them on their own, but time of day, day of the week effects it as well as the weather. One thing I've noticed though that seems to stand out, I get a better response if I do them myself on my own. I have a feeling that when the customer see's the actual guy that's going to clean the windows delivering the leaflet, well it looks good and prompts them to respond. That's my thoughts on it anyway, it's hard to say but it would make sense.
Yeah, fair comment. I wouldn't dispute any of that. I was just making the point that 1 flyer on its own has got to be preferable to 1 in amongst several others.
Different people have different results but flyers are notorious for their very low return

If you are sending them out in a bunch you want your leaflet to be a big folded one so everyone else’s get tucked inside yours. Pretty sure that’s Pryors technique with the big A3 ones.

If you are sending them out in a bunch you want your leaflet to be a big folded one so everyone else’s get tucked inside yours. Pretty sure that’s Pryors technique with the big A3 ones.
:poop: you sure you don't mean A4, A3 is huge ? if he is using them I can see how they would get noticed ? might have to go one better and go for A2, people will be like 'are you taking the p*ss?' ?

Stay away from just canvassing! Literally throwing money away. The best way and the only way for me personally, and many others will tell you the same, is knocking doors. Knock knock knock. You will grow your round 100x faster that way. I can’t stress it enough

Stay away from just canvassing! Literally throwing money away. The best way and the only way for me personally, and many others will tell you the same, is knocking doors. Knock knock knock. You will grow your round 100x faster that way. I can’t stress it enough
100% agree flyers get binned by the majority of people without Evan reading them , any that come through my door go straight in the recycling including any letters that don’t have my name on them

100% agree flyers get binned by the majority of people without Evan reading them , any that come through my door go straight in the recycling including any letters that don’t have my name on them
For sure!! To anyone reading this, just get out their on weekends and knock the streets you already have houses on. Do that for a year and you’ll be laughing down the line

Also this may be controversial, but their is no need to make these really fancy leaflets. And spend loads, we have 10,000 leaflets for £90 and We make the money back on them after 1 day of knocking doors, and they last us a year. Think smart

Latest Posts

Back