Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much for this gutter job.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I was going to quote that one over the phone by looking on google maps and I'm glad I didn't in the end as I would have been way off. It also pays to do a proper risk assessment beforehand which can only be done by a site visit.

smurf, did you tell them about that slate thats slid down into the gutter? whats your approach on matters like that? have you a roofer you recommend/take a commision from?if not why not

I would just get slatted by @Tuffers implying that I was a ripoff merchant so I'm keeping that to myself./emoticons/biggrin.png

Go one the smurf, what was the right answer?/emoticons/biggrin.png

Any issues that I find I just inform the customer so they are aware. Then it's up to them if they want to find someone to sort it out or not. They will usually ask if I know someone which so happens I have a few good trades ppl they could call directly to get quotes.

smurf, did you tell them about that slate thats slid down into the gutter? whats your approach on matters like that? have you a roofer you recommend/take a commision from?if not why not

Got any spare man pants @Tuffers I could borrow....Silly me only went and had a vindaloooo earlier on /emoticons/biggrin.png
Park yer **** up in the gutter and blast the cr4p out

WWd8wUHuwQg1y.gif

Good thinking...Better out than in I suppose...Thanks for the tip bud /emoticons/biggrin.png

I've just shown you all the gutters around the house what more do you want /emoticons/biggrin.png
How far to the customer, local area,if custy is friendly,whether I can use their power or generator, obstacle on the ground and so on.

Yep all those things have to be taken into consideration :thumbsup:

How far to the customer, local area,if custy is friendly,whether I can use their power or generator, obstacle on the ground and so on.

I have found with the hook type attachment on my guttervac I can clear pretty much anything.

The issue is time though, is it quicker to get up the ladder and pull it out vs slowly teasing it out with the hook on the end of the pole.

I am lucky as i can do those repairs and then charge custy for another service

Back