Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much would you charge?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Agree with Pro Green Clean. £40 to £50 for a house this size using Trad. Anything less is not worth the hassle, and remember it's all ladder work so very risky. Don't undervalue yourself. Once you start off with low prices you'll be stuck with them for years!

Why the frig are they asking for a quote when the current shiner only charges £16? You won't get the job unless you undercut. Would you be happy doing that house trad for less than £16? That's  £40+ house IMO. They're not Asian are they?

I have an old bungalow with these type of pvc windows which I trad. It has just been renovated so today was my 1st time back in just over 2 months. This may sound pretty exaggerated but it has 26 windows, 2 single doors, 1 patio doors and a bifolding door. Altogether there are 403 panes of glass in the house, I know it sounds like a lot but I'll try and get a Google street view of the front. It takes me about 1 1/2 hours or maybe a little longer and I charge £30, the customer is delighted with the price and I usually get £5 extra for a tip. This is in Northern Ireland.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have an old bungalow with these type of windows which has just been renovated so today was my 1st time back in 2 months. This may sound pretty exaggerated but it has 26 windows, 2 single doors, 1 patio doors and a bifolding door. Altogether there are 403 panes of glass in the house, I know it sounds like a lot but I'll try and get a Google street view of the front. It takes me about 1 1/2 hours or maybe a little longer and I charge £30, the customer is delighted with the price and I usually get £5 extra for a tip

Not a great view but you get the ideaScreenshot_20181110-214354_Maps.jpeg

yeh, I dont like doing tree houses, too much like a jungle. give me an estate of lego houses any day, wfp the lot in an hour

I have an old bungalow with these type of pvc windows which I trad. It has just been renovated so today was my 1st time back in just over 2 months. This may sound pretty exaggerated but it has 26 windows, 2 single doors, 1 patio doors and a bifolding door. Altogether there are 403 panes of glass in the house, I know it sounds like a lot but I'll try and get a Google street view of the front. It takes me about 1 1/2 hours or maybe a little longer and I charge £30, the customer is delighted with the price and I usually get £5 extra for a tip. This is in Northern Ireland.

Better pictures this time lol some of the windows have 40 panes of glass! Just out of interest what would you guys charge for a monthly trad including frames, sills, the lot? As I mentioned before there are 26 windows, 2 single doors, 1 patio doors and a bifolding door. Altogether there are 403 panes. It usually takes me 1+1/2 to 1+3/4 hours20181111_124157.jpeg20181111_123920.jpeg20181111_124120.jpeg20181111_123955.jpeg20181111_123944.jpeg20181111_124032.jpeg

Why the frig are they asking for a quote when the current shiner only charges £16? You won't get the job unless you undercut. Would you be happy doing that house trad for less than £16? That's  £40+ house IMO. They're not Asian are they?
The frames were quite dirty, maybe he doesn't do the best job? Or maybe they don't even have one haha

It was weird because she sounded very interested in me coming every 2 months at 30 pounds, as opposed to the current guy coming every month for 16

Better pictures this time lol some of the windows have 40 panes of glass! Just out of interest what would you guys charge for a monthly trad including frames, sills, the lot? As I mentioned before there are 26 windows, 2 single doors, 1 patio doors and a bifolding door. Altogether there are 403 panes. It usually takes me 1+1/2 to 1+3/4 hoursView attachment 15155View attachment 15156View attachment 15157View attachment 15158View attachment 15159View attachment 15160
Ideally would want more than 30 if it takes 1.5 hours, 45 would be more like, but i have a few similar where I dont make as much as other jobs and to be honest, as Im not too long established I dont mind. Its a job, and it looks like nice surroundings and you could always move on from it in the future, up the price or get a skivvy to do it lol

I actually enjoy this one. I know what you mean I have only been on the go since January this year and I have price a few of my first customers quite cheap this being one of them but maybe after a bit I will increase the price by £5 and then 12 or 18 months later another £5 and I'll be there. To be fair this job has got me 4 more of there family members which I have managed to price correctly

im mostly wfp but I do a few similar to that which have to be trad really. but still use pure for it. wouldn't use much, and makes a good job. if you're totally trad and have no pure I would use rain water, but yeh, you could put it in a spray bottle.

im mostly wfp but I do a few similar to that which have to be trad really. but still use pure for it. wouldn't use much, and makes a good job. if you're totally trad and have no pure I would use rain water, but yeh, you could put it in a spray bottle.
Yeah very true. I like the idea of cleaning everything with a sponge and fairy then spray off frames, glass and sills with a bigger pump spray bottle I think they are 7 or 9 litres which I have for TFR. I have a mate that is DI wfp so getting the water is not a problem. You may have cut my job time in half mate

I actually think you would be better with glass cleaner spray bottle and a cloth to individually clean those small panes. That's what I would do and see how long it took me.
Yeah it's an idea mate but with me cleaning the frames and all those bars everything is already soaked. I think I will try what KS789 has suggested for a time. Thanks for the comments guys, really appreciate them all

Back