Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hurt back this morning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scottish cleaning service

Last week I tried to bend down to get my hands on a shoe and I felt a twinge in my back and thought nothing of it. This morning raring to go and was about to put on my sock and pulled my back and been off all day. These things can happen and disturb our weekly diary. ?

I was taking a backpack off the other day and as I slipped one arm out of the straps felt an awful burning pain across my back. Thought I was going to be out of action for a while it was so painful, next day…nothing I was right as rain! That was a week ago, I’m just waiting for my body to remember and suddenly completely seize up ??

Last week I tried to bend down to get my hands on a shoe and I felt a twinge in my back and thought nothing of it. This morning raring to go and was about to put on my sock and pulled my back and been off all day. These things can happen and disturb our weekly diary. ?
When ever I have put my back out it has always been due to something the previous week and then something very small that actually triggers it.
I have found that if I twist while lifting then that's not going to end well. If I just lift straight with my legs then no problems.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

When ever I have put my back out it has always been due to something the previous week and then something very small that actually triggers it.
I have found that if I twist while lifting then that's not going to end well. If I just lift straight with my legs then no problems.

Hope you are feeling better soon.
Just frustrated because had my week planned out, will try and get out tomorrow. Haven't wore my back support for months but back on today and rest of week.

Managed to get back out this morning with the back support on. Just took my time and everything went well. Finished early and nipped to the bank and replaced an outside light for a neighbour. Picked up another customer in my area because the guy never came back. She was saying I may pick up others who the guy used to do. When fitting the light I saw a guy with a car and he was using a triple ladder to clean windows. I think moving over to wfp is the best thing I ever did and it must save half the time and energy from using ladders.

This isn't a dig, and just because I'd work it a different way, that way might not suit everyone. I was under the impression that you don't have a full month's work yet. With weather etc there's no point spreading over a month if you can do it in 2 weeks. Rather than spread it out over a month, get it done as quickly as you can then you can use the free time to put effort into trying to get more work etc. People seem to think spreading it over longer period will be better as you will vet noticed more. I dount youl be In the same street 2 days in a row so regardless if it's done in 2 weeks or spread over 4 youl still only be in any street one day.

This isn't a dig, and just because I'd work it a different way, that way might not suit everyone. I was under the impression that you don't have a full month's work yet. With weather etc there's no point spreading over a month if you can do it in 2 weeks. Rather than spread it out over a month, get it done as quickly as you can then you can use the free time to put effort into trying to get more work etc. People seem to think spreading it over longer period will be better as you will vet noticed more. I dount youl be In the same street 2 days in a row so regardless if it's done in 2 weeks or spread over 4 youl still only be in any street one day.
Would love too but I do plenty of other work to keep me busy. Another thing is OAP customers who expect you to clean their windows on a certain day of the month. Some phone me if I am late or they think they have missed me. I had a great full day today with back support on and didn't need to clean the wheelie bins because they never got emptied. I clean 10 bins each week for neighbours which takes about 20mins which I enjoy. ?

Would love too but I do plenty of other work to keep me busy. Another thing is OAP customers who expect you to clean their windows on a certain day of the month. Some phone me if I am late or they think they have missed me. I had a great full day today with back support on and didn't need to clean the wheelie bins because they never got emptied. I clean 10 bins each week for neighbours which takes about 20mins which I enjoy. ?

Tell the ones who expect it on the same day that it's not realistic. Same week maybe but not same day. Before you know it the better weather will be here, I'd be getting what work I had done then even trying to get soft cleans etc booked in to keep busy over the summer. Everyone of us will have experienced the stages trying to get jobs to keep it ticking over. There's no right or wrong way of doing it tbh, I just wouldn't spread it over 4 weeks as you could potentially get bad weather the last week and that would loose you money as it could have been done earlier.

Tell the ones who expect it on the same day that it's not realistic. Same week maybe but not same day. Before you know it the better weather will be here, I'd be getting what work I had done then even trying to get soft cleans etc booked in to keep busy over the summer. Everyone of us will have experienced the stages trying to get jobs to keep it ticking over. There's no right or wrong way of doing it tbh, I just wouldn't spread it over 4 weeks as you could potentially get bad weather the last week and that would loose you money as it could have been done earlier.
I am every month but if we get bad weather I will miss some and do them earlier the next month. Did this recently and no one complained. If they get done in 6 weeks then its no dig deal but some OAPs I talk to rely on me to have a chat about things in the news. Got talking to a customer today about currency spread betting and he was very interested and he is a lawyer. I dabble in it for fun at less than a pound a point and believe I'm good at it but I'm down £200 for the month so maybe I'm not as good as I think I am. ?

did mine lifting the battery out of my pump box, saw a chiropractor, right as rain following day! (y)

Hope it eases up. I’ve previously worked with back support and it helps but not a long term solution.
ive put my back out a few times, once picking up a tray of biscuits and on other occasion feeling if the radiator was warm, Always when you least expect it!

Back