Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I'm in a culling mood

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You can mess a window cleaner about and be as nice as pie to your neighbours and friends bud so that's why I just walk.

See I am new to the game so not had to ditch any "yet" but I do have my eye on a couple now I think may well be getting the boot.....

Do they not email/phone/message you at all if you never turn up again?

I had one that was constantly emailing me as he never got a reply. They do give up trying i the end /emoticons/biggrin.png

You can mess a window cleaner about and be as nice as pie to your neighbours and friends bud so that's why I just walk.
True, but I could imagine it would be pretty embarassing for them to have a window cleaner stood at the front door stating the factual reasons he's not coming anymore. I'd rather that then get a reputation for just not turning up again.

Or in a blind rage saying "where's me ******* money you owe me" as some do mentioning no names /emoticons/biggrin.png

See I am new to the game so not had to ditch any "yet" but I do have my eye on a couple now I think may well be getting the boot.....
Do they not email/phone/message you at all if you never turn up again?
I ditched one years ago. I wasn't allowed to go at a certain time in the afternoon as they would be having a nap /emoticons/biggrin.png. I decided to **** the old gits off, but they did try and ring me to ask where I was using 3 different phone numbers. They got the hint in the end /emoticons/smile.png

iv never been good at arguing to and fro , which is why i get in early with a pre-emptive "**** off" strike .

later on ,when i get home, i often relate the saga to the missus,she never likes this and sighs

"youv done it again "

iv never been good at arguing to and fro , which is why i get in early with a pre-emptive "**** off" strike .later on ,when i get home, i often relate the saga to the missus,she never likes this and sighs

"youv done it again "
In fairness to you Boar, if the customer was ugly, and she was a c***, then at least you kept to the facts.

iv been practicing the lines , when in bed and on first waking up in the morning " the neighbours said you were a sh/t, and its really true" , iv got say it over and over , to get it into my brain so im ready

this is goin to be my speech from now on, this isnt anywhere near as offensive as my current tagline . but more effective

I'm surprised you haven't had your collar felt from the boy's in blue or a right good kicking by now /emoticons/biggrin.png

iv never been good at arguing to and fro , which is why i get in early with a pre-emptive "**** off" strike .later on ,when i get home, i often relate the saga to the missus,she never likes this and sighs

"youv done it again "

My problem is as a kid i had serious temper problems

Would beat the sh1t out of someone then ask "what did you say"

Took me years to control it and now am quite a placid person but complete kn ob jockeys bring my temper to boiling point and it is better for me to just walk away

When my son was only a couple of years old we were in wembley and my wife rolled backwards slightly when pulling away in traffic on a hill

The idiot who was walking behind nearly got hit and walloped the can of paint in his hand against the back window where my son was sitting

That involved 4 people to get me off him

Nowadays i try not to put myself in a situation where i could lose the plot

When my son was only a couple of years old we were in wembley and my wife rolled backwards slightly when pulling away in traffic on a hillThe idiot who was walking behind nearly got hit and walloped the can of paint in his hand against the back window where my son was sitting

That involved 4 people to get me off him

Nowadays i try not to put myself in a situation where i could lose the plot
thats interesting,i can relate to this.

the trouble is in this job we ARE put in the red mist situation

iv been practicing the lines , when in bed and on first waking up in the morning " the neighbours said you were a sh/t, and its really true" , iv got say it over and over , to get it into my brain so im ready
this is goin to be my speech from now on, this isnt anywhere near as offensive as my current tagline . but more effective
Thats it mate. Let them play a game of 'guess who hates us'./emoticons/biggrin.png

My problem is as a kid i had serious temper problemsWould beat the sh1t out of someone then ask "what did you say"

Took me years to control it and now am quite a placid person but complete kn ob jockeys bring my temper to boiling point and it is better for me to just walk away
Channel your anger into a different course of action then matey...

[media]

[/media]

I can't help it sometimes

When i was driving for ocado i was in the back of the van with the interior chiller doors open

We were taught that it is only shopping so if someone wants to nick it let em

Closed internal door to see a couple of lads off their trolley trying to see in the back to seebif anything they can nick i reckon

My response was to say"do yourselves a favour FU CK OFF"

Then after they had gone thought to myself i could have been stabbed or something(well they could have tried..lol)

about a yr ago i was emailed details of a 1 day workshop ,up in Brum i think, called "how to deal with difficult customers"

i kept the email for quite a while,as i mulled over whether to go and learn something really useful . the course blurb indicated that difficult coonts can end up being the very best of the best customers, this intrigued me

but then i decided not to bother .

I have a small development of 9 houses that are 3 storey, I do 8 of them. I hop over the fences using my ladders and drag the hose over, climb the ladder onto the balcony next door, down the ladder, clean the ground floor and back over the fence again. Works a treat /emoticons/smile.png
One of the ones I picked up this week is on a new estate. I have the first 3 houses and a friend of one of them is moving in tomorrow, opposite. Could be 4 houses without moving the van :thumbsup:
thats the kind of graft we are looking for

I am considering dumping £130 worth of work. A total of 3 jobs....
Give me the :thumbsup: or :thumbsdown: chaps.

Here goes....

1) 4 weekly worth £35. Often cancels due to being away. Has coded gates (I know the number, but he doesn't know that) and could give me the code so I can carry on. Out in the sticks. I texted last night and he replied cancelling at 11:30 this morning. I had to drive past his house today, the gates were open and the cleaners car was there.

Dump or keep?

2) 4 weekly worth £35. I took her back on a few months ago after I dumped her for being a messer a few years back. First clean all good, away the second clean. Rang her last night, she didn't want them doing because she's going on holiday next week.

Dump or keep?

3) 12 weekly worth £60. Done it for years, it's a farmhouse with a big courtyard full of holiday lets, it's just down the lane from Mr Cancel above. I have never put the price up :confused: over the years, and she refuses WFP. Rang last night and she wanted to know how much it would be if I left her house which is connected to the job as her husband was going to do just the house but me do the rest. I said I'd knock a tenner off. "So you think our house is 1/6 of the work then." she says. Well it's worth a tenner to me I say. "Ok, do the lot tomorrow and we'll have a chat about the price tomorrow. She weren't in and I didn't get paid. Now if I were to quote her house on its own, would she be happy paying more than a tenner? Of course she wouldn't.

Dump or keep?

I will go with whatever the forum decides, fire away chaps.

If there taking up more of your time than you are getting paid for, you have no choice to drop, that’s if you can’t get paid for all off your time put into the jobs. This includes travelling times to cancelled jobs, sorting out payment, arranging the next clean etc.

Charge them for lost time

Put the price up

Let them book there windows to be cleaned

Ask for payment up front

If you cant stop them wasting your time – drop them

Latest Posts

Back