Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Internal Windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mark m

I am pricing a internal office job at the moment as there is a lot of computers and paperwork everywhere some of the walls are 8ft high made of glass with the desk in front so could be a pain to reach so i was thinking at looking at a vikan easyshine kit or the unger internal kit both the same sort of money what is best ? are they any good or just for people like H lol sorry mate

http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Vikan_easyshine_internal_cleaning_kit.html

You have a clx 4?? Well you can buy an adapter for the vikan easy shine so you can connect the head to your clx.. So just buy the head pal.. With the scrubber mop and a few micros, save yourself a few ££...

^^ that's what I'm doing... But I need to buy a clx 4!!!

You have a clx 4?? Well you can buy an adapter for the vikan easy shine so you can connect the head to your clx.. So just buy the head pal.. With the scrubber mop and a few micros, save yourself a few ££...
^^ that's what I'm doing... But I need to buy a clx 4!!!
i have been think along those lines a well but do mops micros etc work or do i price to move tables etc and just use squeegge ?

Never used one mate. I'd say it would be hard work and take longer than with squeegee. Are the windows bad? Is there glass under the desks or they stop above the top?

I want to get one set up as it would come in handy for some work

no glass below desk but i can see it would be a pain if i have to move the desk , i could hop on desk but even that looks a pain

. i could hop on desk but even that looks a pain
/emoticons/ohmy.png/emoticons/ohmy.png Hopping on and off desks /emoticons/ohmy.png/emoticons/ohmy.png ....
Don't let RC know that your thinking of doing that.....you naughty boy :lol: :lol: .

The viking kits are great, but down side to them you need a lot of pads as the get damp and they just marks on the window,

I use one on a wedding shop, they always got several wedding dresses in the windows and range in price of £1,000 to £7,000 each, works well on them,

/emoticons/ohmy.png/emoticons/ohmy.png Hopping on and off desks /emoticons/ohmy.png/emoticons/ohmy.png ....
Don't let RC know that your thinking of doing that.....you naughty boy :lol: :lol: .
As long as there is guard rail, has harness on, hard hat and no hot tea/coffee then he will be fine!!! Lol

Does the job , i sometimes dont need it i just carry a bottle and mictofibre cloth, but when u need the extra reach then its good

no glass below desk but i can see it would be a pain if i have to move the desk , i could hop on desk but even that looks a pain
I have a Vikan one mate. Pretty good - I do some factory offices with it that are tall and start at waist height. A right pain to do trad (I used to do them trad until I got the vikan) but yes you need a lot of pads as one only covers approx 10sq metres. Did that job today used 10 pads but took me half the time of squeegee /emoticons/wink.png

but yes you need a lot of pads as one only covers approx 10sq metres.
Depends how much liquid you use, when I first got mine I went a little mad on my windows at home, ended up using 3pads on one small bit of glass! Lol

Depends how much liquid you use, when I first got mine I went a little mad on my windows at home, ended up using 3pads on one small bit of glass! Lol
Don't use hardly any water mate. A very fine misting normally does the trick.

Yer I know that now, after finding out the hard way! Lol
Reminds me of the time a woman asked me to do inside conservatory and she genuinely thought I was going to use the pole. Shall I get some towels out she said lol /emoticons/biggrin.png

Reminds me of the time a woman asked me to do inside conservatory and she genuinely thought I was going to use the pole. Shall I get some towels out she said lol /emoticons/biggrin.png
lol I always joke about this with customers when they ask if I can do insides! I just say yer I can I got a smaller pole, ill just drag hose inside lol the look on there faces are great! Lol

I'd use a zero degree squeegee on a pole and reach over the desks. Some guys use a wagtail squeegee. Sometimes the old way is the best way. I use to be a carpet cleaner/sales rep for a really big carpet cleaning company and we NEVER moved desks, moving desks can be very risky and time consuming. Can you spell liability? :)

Reach over with a pole it's quick and slick. A short step stool could come in handy because it will change your angle of reach, being two feet taller. On some windows it may help. Just my two cents.

This video shows how it's done.

the microfibre cloth for the vikan is reusabale and washable up to 100 times alex gardiner has just told me through inbox /emoticons/smile.png

Cos its £6.68 INCLUDING VAT for 1 pad ! i inboxed him asking him is it jsut 1 or do u get about 4-5 ? he goes its jus the 1 its reusable and washable /emoticons/smile.png

Ive chucked all mine away /emoticons/sad.png only got 1 left their /emoticons/smile.png good job i never chucked it away /emoticons/tongue.png lol

:lol: :lol: Only H could do something like that :lol: :lol:

Here's two sayings that spring to mind /emoticons/biggrin.png ......

Captain Manwaring.......'You SILLY boy' /emoticons/tongue.png :lol: .

Homer Simpson............'DOH!' :lol: :lol: .....

I'm sure there's more....come lads :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Latest Posts

Back