Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ionic Thermopure 700L Zero system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi all does any use ionic Thermopure  Zero system? and if so how much does it cost to run?  and is it any good? 
The first question I asked myself when Ionics first started promoting this system is why I would need it. I have a few commercial customers but 95% of our customers are residential.

We have been using ordinary pure water for 16 years and our customers are happy with the results. Why do I need to pay extra for nuclear grade (what ever that means) resin to get better than clean results, allegedly?

We clean with zero tds water and change resin when the output from the DI vessel reaches 1 ppm. That's good enough for me.

Then the other question I ask; why are Ionics the only supplier to promote and sell this advanced purification option? None of the other suppliers do. Are my customers going to accept a price increase to cover the increased outlay and running costs?

I'm sure there are other applications in industry where ultrapure water is needed, but I don't believe it's necessary with window cleaning.

But this reply is my personal feeling and how I see it with my round. I haven't seen, let alone used, one of their systems, so I'm not responding based on physical hands-on experience.

Doug Atkinson sells nuclear grade resin so you could upgrade any system without having to fork out big money on a big brand system. The drawback seems to be that you can't measure water quality with an ordinary TDS meter.

I aim to have all the work : windows, frames, doors visually superbly clean not surgically/forensically clean. With that in mind I will comfortably use water up to 005 tds. If there's a sudden spike in readings and I'm very busy I will and have used water to over 010 tds for a few days on several occasions without issue though I prefer not to use it at that reading.

My average reading is probably about 003. I don't chase perfection as I accept I can't achieve it. I have my doubts that anyone can. Therefore I don't chase and accept only 000 readings. In my case it would add a lot of unnecessary expense on resin and more hassle.

The first question I asked myself when Ionics first started promoting this system is why I would need it. I have a few commercial customers but 95% of our customers are residential.

We have been using ordinary pure water for 16 years and our customers are happy with the results. Why do I need to pay extra for nuclear grade (what ever that means) resin to get better than clean results, allegedly?

We clean with zero tds water and change resin when the output from the DI vessel reaches 1 ppm. That's good enough for me.

Then the other question I ask; why are Ionics the only supplier to promote and sell this advanced purification option? None of the other suppliers do. Are my customers going to accept a price increase to cover the increased outlay and running costs?

I'm sure there are other applications in industry where ultrapure water is needed, but I don't believe it's necessary with window cleaning.

But this reply is my personal feeling and how I see it with my round. I haven't seen, let alone used, one of their systems, so I'm not responding based on physical hands-on experience.
Thank for your input. I have 80% commercial and often asked to clean cladding I’m looking to get a new van and seen one with ionic system in it at a good price that’s why I’m asking. If any one use’s one so I can see what the running cost is it’s thermopure hot water as well. I’ve been using pure water system for 15 years I’ve got a RO system and change the filters regularly my van may go up for sale it’s a Nissan primerstar only got 60000 Miles I’ve owned it from new it’s 09 plat if any one is interested. 

Thank for your input. I have 80% commercial and often asked to clean cladding I’m looking to get a new van and seen one with ionic system in it at a good price that’s why I’m asking. If any one use’s one so I can see what the running cost is it’s thermopure hot water as well. I’ve been using pure water system for 15 years I’ve got a RO system and change the filters regularly my van may go up for sale it’s a Nissan primerstar only got 60000 Miles I’ve owned it from new it’s 09 plat if any one is interested. 
I don’t have the zero system but do have 3 x ionics pro 5 thermopure systems they are very good the nuclear grade resin is ok but after the tank is full of water their is a separate pump that pumps it through the nuclear resin for I believe about 3 hours this is how it gets it to what they call 18 ohm water , but unless you spend over £400 on a special TDS reader you don’t know when this resin needs replacing unless you Waite for it to return to normal TDS readings . It is supposed to clean quicker on first cleans and infrequent work but doubt you would notice that much difference fir the cost involved , if you can get it all for a good price then go for it but I would get a di vessel and put the nuclear resin in that rather than buy ionics cartridges, have a look at the prices it’s frightening!!!!!!!!!

I don’t have the zero system but do have 3 x ionics pro 5 thermopure systems they are very good the nuclear grade resin is ok but after the tank is full of water their is a separate pump that pumps it through the nuclear resin for I believe about 3 hours this is how it gets it to what they call 18 ohm water , but unless you spend over £400 on a special TDS reader you don’t know when this resin needs replacing unless you Waite for it to return to normal TDS readings . It is supposed to clean quicker on first cleans and infrequent work but doubt you would notice that much difference fir the cost involved , if you can get it all for a good price then go for it but I would get a di vessel and put the nuclear resin in that rather than buy ionics cartridges, have a look at the prices it’s frightening!!!!!!!!!
Thanks that’s very useful. ?? My account has just told me to what till April before buying a van so it go’s  on next tax year. 

Latest Posts

Back