Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Di vessel riser & head...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Can i ask you guys if you have any water leaking from your di bottles, i mean 2 bottles mean 4 connections, i had to put mine in a bucket, although not leaking atm. do you use hozelock connections?
Yes, is the short answer.

When I change resin, I unscrew the hoselock connectors and wrap some PTFE tape around the threads before screwing them back in. This appears to be where the water seeps from, and it isn't alot. I have considered changing to John Guest fittings but have not done anything about it yet.

On any threads which fit to the DI head wrap with plenty of PTFE tape. I find B&Q's own brand connectors the best (cheaper blue ones which a £1 each). I replace the rubber O rings regular & with this have no leaking connectors./emoticons/wink.png Rubber O rings can be had in hundreds off ebay for peanuts.

I think my hoselock connectors drip a little, but it doesnt bother me, as my di vessel is not in my car.(wish it was a van, sometimes)

Back