Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leaving Cards

WCF

Help Support WCF:

maccauk11

When canvassing new customers . Do you recommend leaving business card and or leaflet if noone is at home. Is it worth the expense

It's always worth leaving a flyer with those who are not in impo but don't get too disappointed at lack of hits.

Had a few hold on to flyers for weeks before doing anything about it but responses are few and far between in my area.

I don't think there's any substitute for having conversations with potential customers where possible. ?

It's always worth leaving a flyer with those who are not in impo but don't get too disappointed at lack of hits.

Had a few hold on to flyers for weeks before doing anything about it but responses are few and far between in my area.

I don't think there's any substitute for having conversations with potential customers where possible. ?
Thanks ?

Fully agree

When canvassing new customers . Do you recommend leaving business card and or leaflet if noone is at home. Is it worth the expense
I always leave a card if no one is home and if it says no cold callers I just leave a card without knocking. Then you know that street is done and you can move onto the next knowing you’ve done your best

Just to add here, worth going back at a different time/day and trying those ones. Let’s say you go out Wednesday evening. Try again Saturday/Sunday afternoon next. Often folk say ‘I never see a window cleaner round here!’ But they’re only in at the weekends or evenings.
Any tips for keeping records of who you have spoken too or do you just use a pen and paper? Going out tomorrow to do some canvassing so any tips are very useful, cheers.

Any tips for keeping records of who you have spoken too or do you just use a pen and paper? Going out tomorrow to do some canvassing so any tips are very useful, cheers.
I used to write all the house numbers down and cross of ones that were in and not interested and circle the ones that accepted the quote , then called back on the ones that were out another time Used to put a card through the doors worked very well .

Back