Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking To Add A Side Business To My Window Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

H If you were my son I would give you a good slap as I'm trying to give you advice on how you could easily double if not triple you current income.
After all the title of your post was "Looking To Add A Side Business To My Window Cleaning"

I give up now /emoticons/biggrin.png
In about 10 years time he will go "what about offering different services" Can't tell the youngsters /emoticons/wink.png

You shouldn't be puting him down for having ideas, just make him look at te while picture. I think its good that at 21(I think) he is working as his own boss and constantly looking to expand his business.

You lot are as bad as my mother In law - always shooting people down!

Dont wish and wait.. Just ask them.. I am going to try and get a round built of annual gutter cleans from all my customers
Remind me later or send me a PM mate. As got something on that on what we learnt and its working very well /emoticons/wink.png

Remind me later or send me a PM mate. As got something on that on what we learnt and its working very well /emoticons/wink.png
damo u got new jumpers saying we do extras lol

Dont wish and wait.. Just ask them.. I am going to try and get a round built of annual gutter cleans from all my customers
i do ask....i done sames customes gutters , cony roofs every year. just wish all customes would want gutters and other stuff every year

At the end of the day it is H's choice as he is still young but we can advice on add ad-hoc services that generates more turnover/profit related to window cleaning that works.

Great if H has Ideas and decided for now wants to focus on building up a big round but to be honest find it a bit of an insult you would compare some of us to your mother in law.

CNS I can understand why you are getting grief from your mother in law myself as being a parent with grown up kids of my own whatever you do you still have to provide for your family which is a worry for her and your wife.

Having a passion for car cleaning is great but the reality is if you dont make any decent money week in week out they will both be nagging you. That goes for the window cleaning side of things too.

You shouldn't be puting him down for having ideas, just make him look at te while picture. I think its good that at 21(I think) he is working as his own boss and constantly looking to expand his business. You lot are as bad as my mother In law - always shooting people down!

na dont wanna do gutter vacs lol also pressure washing ive always thought of but not reeli keen on it
Im just gonna keep at this and a in a few years time ill buy a buy hot food takeaway that i can work in at night
I give up.....

H If you were my son I would give you a good slap as I'm trying to give you advice on how you could easily double if not triple you current income.
After all the title of your post was "Looking To Add A Side Business To My Window Cleaning"

I give up now /emoticons/biggrin.png
There's no winning with him. Potential income right in his face yet he cant even see it

smurf their just add ons i want regular constant work so id rather build my customer base up... then once its high and am happy then ill offer add ons more and advetise for them ... all my customers on my round will get 25% off /emoticons/smile.png
but i need regular constant income thats why a window cleaning round servicing customers 2/4/8 weekly is better for me /emoticons/smile.png
I lied Ill try again...
With the income you make from those other services you could spend on advertising for window cleaning customers, by offering other services this WILL help you build up a bigger customer base. If someone come to you not a customer looking for say gutter cleaning you can then try get them as window cleaning customers even offer an incentive if you have too.

Everybody has gave you great advice, advice thats worked for them too.

I don't think you have taken my point as it was meant smurf.

I'm getting at those tht say "H, your ideas are all rubbish"

I agree with those that say "H, we think you should at the total costs rather than just the income side, etc"

There is a big difference.

Don't really see what my money has to do with it but as it happens my car cleaning is bringing £75-100 a day, yes I'm only working weekends at the moment, but as soon as my account is in the + and I have the majority of the equipment I want, then I will look to slowly move over from my current 9-5 to cars/widows and my other services as a full time occupation. I'm just playing it safe as I have a family to care for

na dont wanna do gutter vacs lol also pressure washing ive always thought of but not reeli keen on it
Im just gonna keep at this and a in a few years time ill buy a buy hot food takeaway that i can work in at night
wtf

wtf
Yer I think he jut has all these ideas I. His head.

I think the best thing for him to do is write all these ideas down, write down pros and cons, hours working needed and potential income that's possible and then choose one lol

i admire your ambition h but how you can even consider a new business when your current one has still years of growth is beyond me . your not keen on ladders , squeegys, guttervacs, facia and soffit cleans , powerwashing etc ,so your loosing out on thousands per year and this dosent seem to bother you but hey you know better . there lots of people giving you great advice on here and you never listen so think on

My point is why bother with something that will not generate a decent income full time when there are more profitable ways to earn money working less hours to boot /emoticons/wink.png

I don't think you have taken my point as it was meant smurf. I'm getting at those tht say "H, your ideas are all rubbish" I agree with those that say "H, we think you should at the total costs rather than just the income side, etc" There is a big difference. Don't really see what my money has to do with it but as it happens my car cleaning is bringing £75-100 a day, yes I'm only working weekends at the moment, but as soon as my account is in the + and I have the majority of the equipment I want, then I will look to slowly move over from my current 9-5 to cars/widows and my other services as a full time occupation. I'm just playing it safe as I have a family to care for

Anyway I'm going to get off my big fat lazy **** now and go and do some work for a change /emoticons/biggrin.png

Im jus gonns get my customer base up to 400 /emoticons/smile.png thst way ill be earning around 3 grand every 4 weeks /emoticons/smile.png

My point is why bother with something that will not generate a decent income full time when there are more profitable ways to earn money working less hours to boot /emoticons/wink.png
I don't think you have taken my point as it was meant smurf. I'm getting at those tht say "H, your ideas are all rubbish" I agree with those that say "H, we think you should at the total costs rather than just the income side, etc" There is a big difference. Don't really see what my money has to do with it but as it happens my car cleaning is bringing £75-100 a day, yes I'm only working weekends at the moment, but as soon as my account is in the + and I have the majority of the equipment I want, then I will look to slowly move over from my current 9-5 to cars/widows and my other services as a full time occupation. I'm just playing it safe as I have a family to care for

Because its a career and for me its not just about money

Latest Posts

Back